1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How do we fix the PG postion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, May 28, 2015.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You just slide Harden to the pg position
    I genius.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Agree completely. The ideal Rockets PG has to be able to be a good 2 guard as well.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

People forget turnovers aren't just an assist thing, it's a scoring thing as well, and when your the only person on your team who can put the ball in bucket and pass, your bound to have a lot of turnovers. Durant, Lebron, Curry, Kobe have all averaged 3 - 4 turnovers during their best years, it just comes with the territory of having the ball in your hand and having to do so much with it.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The Thunder will take our place unless we get Aldridge or Love.

5. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

SERGIO LULL! The guy knows how to win at a high level, can spread the ball, create for himself and shoot the three ball. I don't have any way to gauge his defense but that is something we are not lacking

6. hakeemthagreat

Draft a pg for what? So we can develop him for 2-3 years? So the likes of guys like Steph Curry can destroy him? Nope. We're in win now mode. We can't afford to have a rookie as starting PG. Ty Lawson is that guy. DUI's mean absolutely nothing to me.

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'd like the Rockets to acquire Patty Mills. I think we could trade Jones for him. I think he would compliment Harden well. Next season you could run with Terry, Mills and a rookie taken with the draft pick we got from the Pelicans.

I believe Beverley is going to get a contract offer that is higher than he deserves and that the Rockets are going to let him go.

8. rocketsmetalspd

IF Lull still wants to come over I will find with him. Also, the team still needs a backup PF. Scola should take the place of Dorsey and I will be happy IF that happens.

9. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have two weaknesses. The first being the power forward position and the second being the point guard position.

Concerning point guards, there are options available as the position is fairly deep in the NBA and the Rockets reliance of Harden allows the Rockets to look for non conventional players to fill the position.

The Rockets have several needs from the point guard position.

1.The Rockets need a point guard that ideally has size and can guard 1's and 2's. The Rockets are so reliant on Harden, he cannot give maximum effort guarding 2's. Further, the NBA playoffs is all about match ups and having players at all three swing positions will allow the Rockets to match ups with nearly anyone.

10. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Ty Lawson is exactly wat we need, hes got the jumpshots, crossovers, drives, pull-up jumpers, hesitation dribbles and passin.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

for starters you stop treating PGs like trading cards.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

DJ Augustine is a FA right? Sign him and bring back Bev. DJ would fit nicely with Harden he's very underrated

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What level is that? The same level where Joey Dorsey was a Euroleague Champion?

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

chill out with your constant euro hate.

That being said, I don't get the Sergio Lull craze either.

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Sign JJ Barea to replace Prigioni off the bench.

16. hakeemthagreat

That's actually not bad.

A)Ty Lawson
    B)Kyle Lowry
    C)DJ Augustine

These should be our targets

17. SemisolidSnake

First, we get a top-level point guard coach. Then we get a point guard. Then we have the former continually improve the latter's skills.

18. basketballholic

We're not interested in Ty Lawson guys.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

We'll trade you guys George Hill for Harden. Otherwise look elsewhere.

20. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Not sure if all these guys are realistic but George Hill, DJ Augustin, Patty Mills would be a big upgrade, esp. GHill.