1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight taking subliminal shots at Harden in post game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 28, 2015.

1. Houston_Rockets

Wait a minute, I can´t fairly criticize James Harden for his lack of impact in games were his offensive game is struggling, yet I had to read all year long how D12 was finished, we should dump him for nothing to make space for a max guy after he was the only guy that showed against Portland?

He even outplayed DeAndre Jordan this year when matched up, and I still see garbage posters calling for his head, so where are these one liner posters at then?

Fact is D12, regardless of his weaknesses, when his offensive game is not going, he still impacts the game. When Dwight is not in the game we play no defense and we don´t rebound, he is not the reason our "System" is play no D run and shoot 3s all year, and then when, the tempo slows down and we have to play defense we don´t, and teams go on 20-5 runs on us.

The reason why we won against the Clippers in game 6, was not Josh Smith going mental, it was our defense that completely took their soul, and the main reason why we did it was because D12 completely owned Blake Griffin.

Until our beloved franchise understands this, we will keep going a long way because we are talented, but we will not win it all IMO.

One last thing, please stop this non sense point about "if Harden was not in Houston we would not make the playoffs", because do you actually think we would be playing Iso ball if we didn´t have a ball handler like Harden? No we would not, our offense would be totally different, so there is no point in erasing Harden from the line up and pretend we know what would of happened, so stop using that point to defend Harden. Harden is a great player, so don´t use non sense to defend him.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

Can we trade Harden for Curry and build around Curry and Howard? ;)

I mean Harden is much better than Curry right CF so GSW should do that

3. xiki

xiki Member

WTH? WCF = lots of quit on this team? GSW are a terrific team and our guys competed hard and Harden v them all but one game.

I'm totally pleased with my fandom of this squad!

4. ApuN

ApuN Member

Man.

I wish people quit with this Howard "consistently gave fight"

What a bunch of crap.

Dwight constantly put himself out of games with stupid fouls.

This dude got boxed out by Steph Curry - STEPH CURRY!!!

If we would have won - HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE FORE GAME 6!!!!

Dwights free throw shooting as Van Gundy basically says, is UNACCEPTABLE

This guy is not a superstar. He is basically a feeble minded Tyson Chandler

5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

if howard and smith can hit free throws, we win game 1 and 2 and now we are 3-2 up, but guess they will never learn, as veterans in the league, they have had enough time to practice free throw, can't argue about DH's effort, just not enough talent

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting that. Context helps.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Weren't you saying Dwight needed serious knee surgery? Should be shut down?

Now you are mocking the bruise lol?

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

everyones a freaking surgeon now are they lmao

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

The amount of offensive rebounds GSW got was atrocious. That is on Dwight. The lack of composure is also on Dwight. No reason to elbow a guy going through a screen.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah dwight why cant you teach the 4 how to box the **** out

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah he's terrible, he has to come out and guard all the other guys houston can't guard including his own man and has to box out 4 others too:rolleyes:

12. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

You are calling a team down 3 - 1 to the heavily favored Clippers quiters?

What a joke!!. The quitters are your type of fans who go negative at the first little problem.

We need new fans; not a new center.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He did not elbow ole buddy LOLand he was the only big consistently rebounding the ball. He can not box out every damn body.

14. BamBam

BamBam Member

[​IMG]

LOL ... nice work CF's! :eek:

GO ROCKETS 2016'!!!

15. verysimplejason

LOL! If that we're to happen, it'll the greatest thing that happens to Rockets. Right now, that is close to impossible. Curry is a great fit to everyone, to any scheme. That 3 point shooting and passing are just so basic in any gameplay that it'll be hard to discount that. Harden, you can say I still doubt him even through all these years. His dedication to the game and heart are still very questionable.

Sometimes it's not all about how you dominate a game or how your teammates tailor their game for you. Most of the time, it's on how you can balance tailor fitting your game to your teammates skills and taking over the game when it counts. In short, it's how he can balance being ball dominant and at the same time move without the ball in his hand. Another thing is that he can be dominant on the defense when he wants to but I think the main thing is he lacks the skill on how to balance his defense and offense. How to properly pace himself so he can have enough energy to play defense and dominate the ballgame from time to time, this is what he's sorely missing. Harden can start everything by learning how to play with a traditional point guard or a pass-first point guard. This will greatly give him enough energy to finish and play the game properly on both ends of the court.

16. egr281

egr281 Member

People need to stop talking about Dwights FTs like it is something completely unheard of in the NBA. Some of the most dominant players ever like Shaq were horrible FT shooters but that never stopped them from impacting a game just like it hasnt stopped Howard.

17. sew

sew Member

I really dislike Dwight.

18. egr281

egr281 Member

I got more reason to dislike Harden right now than Howard. Just me though.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

TJones needs to get with moses malone and learn how to play and defend the post.

20. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Member

Harden was here all year. Dwight only good in playoffs but at the same time committing stupid retaliation fouls. Harden had an off game.. so what? Would you have preferred to hand GSW the Western conference trophy at your house Houston?