1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. malakas

malakas Member

Take out the 18th and NY second and leave only Jones and Nick Johnson. And that's still probably an overpay. Denver must send the value to Sacramento they are the ones who get the big prize. Or have them absorb more bad contracts.

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Yeah I always err on the side of overpaying because we tend to overvalue our own assets. But the point is, I'd like that payoff and we could most likely get it for less.

3. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Decent proposal, but I think we give up too much. This is pretty much all of our short term assets. I think Collison is a nice player but he'd still be the worst PG in the West playoffs this year. He is more of a scoring guard than a true point. We'd still have problems getting the ball to Dwight when he has position and setting the table on offense. Also at his size he makes a terrible defender.

If Sacramento does indeed snag Lawson in a separate deal I'd like to take a look at Collison for maybe Kpap+TJones.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Collison is not a star but is really valuable for Sac.
    And I think what happens here is that people overvalue the players and at the first sight of failure of their illogical expectations they pile up on them.
    Pretty soon Harden will only be worth a second round pick too.

5. malakas

malakas Member

First WCS has to go to the Knicks or Magic. Otherwise the Kings will choose him over Lawson.
    I think Jones will make a very nice pair with Cuz..however the Kings GM wants to pair him with a shotblocker big.

6. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Definitely an overpay, just kind of throwing the idea out there and seeing what people thought.

I think you're underrating his improvement a little (and his size is not a huge issue on defense with his speed if you look at guys that have become plus defenders from that spot like Curry/pre-ACL Rondo/Teague/etc). Agreed though, maybe not all of our immediate assets.

7. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Agreed on the T Jones pairing. UK connection and their styles don't overlap too much.

I hadn't heard that about the shotblocking big. I believe it, but definitely disagree. That would be such a clogged lane on offense with WCS, and Cuz has become a pretty good defender (when the team is decent like the first half of the season, and then he quit).

8. malakas

malakas Member

yes. Divac said it. And I don't think it was a smokescreen. They badly want WCS.
    (bucks fan hope to trade them Henson+ for the 6th ..pipedream ;) )
    They probably plan to play Cuz as pf in offence. It's likewhat Philly wants to do with Noel and Embiid next year.
    Twin towers usually are disastrous and my money is that it will be as well.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Who is also soft as a rabbit's ass might I add. Dmo would be getting pushed around like rag doll to.

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Not a fan of Terrance Jones, as I think he is overrated and inconsistent. Yet he is still a decent player, I think he needs to compete and if he wilts, trade him later but unless we have Josh Smith back, he is needed.

Prefer DMO as a starter and his skill set but variety and athletic talent isn't something you discard so easily without a backup in the wings.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Tjones is okay and don't see the improvement to justify starting him..

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fans of other teams always comment on how good they think he is…..that gives me hope we might be able to get some decent value back for him in a trade

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Should have put him in the Dragic trade with the Pels pick. It's not like he showed up in the playoffs, though he did spark that run in Game 6 against the Clippers.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

pick and pop PF morey

2nd playmaker

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wish people would stop lamenting how we didn't trade for Dragic. He publicly stated that he wouldn't re-sign here. He publicly stated he would expect max money(5 yrs/120 mil) from whichever team did trade for him. He trashed the Suns organization in a classless manner. He's 29 years old and has likely peaked as a player in this league. And oh BTW, he's been in the NBA for 8 years and has been to the postseason one time(and that was as Nash's backup).

I don't want any piece of someone like that. Especially given what it would cost to retain him. The Rockets can find a PG just as good for half the price.

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Half price... where is that guy. Sign me up.

17. bberge

bberge Member

the collison idea is real good. think tjones and the 32d pick should be enough, and maybe we could snag a lower 2d round pick as part of a 3-team trade if we facilitate lawson to sactown.

but i think this scenario requires re-signing pbev. collison-pbev-johnson looks legit; collison-johnson-jet?/? not so much.

18. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Real down on TJ, esp after last night. This is an elimination game for ffkk sake, and i didnt see any intensity, sense of urgency, and hustle. It looked like a regular season game to him.

He wanted no part of the physical game this playoffs. You think he woulda learned from last year's playoffs, but nope. You gotta battle down in the paint WITH DWIGHT, it takes 2 big men to help in the paint. Instead Dwight did everything and he just watched.

i can be mad at Harden for having 13 TO's, but TJ where were you the entire playoffs?

1 person likes this.
  19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But why would the Kings trade Collison? They just signed him a year ago, he's locked up for 2 more seasons at only 5 mil/yr, and they don't exactly need T-Jones since they have Landry(and are reportedly interested in Kosta Koufos).