1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate that we lost, but I'm glad it was like this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Habby52, May 27, 2015.

1. Habby52

Habby52 Member

Last year when we had that disaster loss to Portland in game 6, our team responded the following (this) season. Had we gone out with a good game from harden, I feel like this team would have been content. But now, he goes out on a terrible night that he should feel awful about. This will(should) be motivation for this man to come back and be THE BEST player in the NBA next year and be the Clear cut MVP. The loss sucked, it was not a good way to go out, but this should be another motivating off season for our team.

And we had two starters out. I am optimistic

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lee barely played, Speights didn't play.... series should've went longer than 5 f***** games.

Five games is an ass whooping.. and embarrassing.

Rockets had an acceptable season overall, but when you include last season.... no so much.

The comeback vs LAC was great, but we should've never lost to them without Paul.

Do better

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I incredulously clicked on this thread, but OP makes a good point. I hope this loss lingers just like the Portland game. I hope Harden, Howard and the Rockets come back stronger than ever.

4. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This loss doesn't sting at all, sadly. We all knew that GS was likely going to win, and they controlled it for 3 quarters. It would have stung if it was closer or we lost on some kind of fluke.

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I hate to sound like this. But these type of things this late in the season for Harden aren't uncommon....

It makes me wonder about him. Yes, he's still young but.... He's so good to let 12+ turnovers happen to him.... Looking at replays it's like his focus wasn't there and that's concerning. Its GAME 5 (an elimination game). Howard showed up. Harden didn't.

It's clear to me that Harden didn't deserve the MVP and Curry did. Curry is the s***. He proved it.

I really hope Harden takes this loss personally, but I highly doubt it. It's not his personality and I won't be surprised if he just sits at a strip club for like 3 weeks drowning in his woes. It's just the way he is. Again I hate to sound like this, but Harden has done this in the past in crucial games.

He's too good to allow something like this to happen... something was wrong....

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I disagree. It stings alot, mainly because Harden doing 9 less turnovers likely leads us to game 6.

Harden let us down today. He's the leader of this team....

Shame a great season from him went to crap over 12+TO's.....

We had every chance to win this game.

This has to make Morey/Les think about adding another big star... just in case Harden decides to turnover the ball like this in big moments.... 2 games this series his execution cost us games. AGAIN... he's too good for TO's to affect us.... this sucks.

7. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

haha dude acting like a self-righteous knob, we had no D-Mo no bev, played a 67 win team.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

David Lee didn't play because he plays no defense. Speights isn't a difference maker as a player generally - he just happens to have career games against Houston.

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Pouting and taking personal shots at Harden because you're upset over the loss? That's the same and pathetic part not Harden.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

If haren clearly cannot lead this team, then we need to get a vet who's been there before that can at least come off the bench and be a leader to the team. haren is a good star to have, but let the leading go to someone else.

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Nah, it's that mediocrity sh**. Curry is better. Face it. Harden choked.

If we are to win a championship it's on him. No excuses.

He will own up to it... we need more from him to win title. AKA ask Lebron.....

Maybe he needs another STAR?

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

And why are we complacent? Just to prove my point. Watch Morey/Les go out and improve team because we aren't championship material yet....

AKA Harden/Howard can't deliver this team a championship. We need more. Have to have that killer instinct. Unacceptable mistakes cost us the game... got to get better. Point blank and simple.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Speights averaged 10 4 in 16 minutes while playing solid defense.

Beverley's defense effected Curry this year like butter does a hot knife.

My point is, don't talk about injuries when talking GS.

Ditto LAC to a certain extent due to Paul.
    Ditto DAL due to Parsons and "Rondo".

At worse, this series should've went 6.
    Instead, GS wins in 5 with +8 point diff.
    They almost tripled our point diff vs DAL.

And that's not even mentioned that bullish vs POR last season.

Jason Terry