1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/27/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 26, 2015.

1. michaelshl

michaelshl Member

It is the worst last 5 min game I've ever seen. It's like no one is willing to win the game except for Brewer. We have pushed Warriors at least 5 turnovers but with NO punishment. Why gave up so early! It was not the Rockets I know about. My teeth is getting pain now.

2. rocketsmetalspd

I believe that is his personal assistant.

3. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Glad I didn't watch this nightmare..Harden finally going to use the word I instead of we? Probably not, he rather shy away from responsibility and it's a real concern that when we our down, he cannot carry us like an MVP should. Steven A was 100percent on the money about that. PF position gave us nothing as well as PG. Oh well, see you next year

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I think he was in shock (of his own performance), needed assistance to get to the locker room. Looked like he was about to break down into tears to me. Anyone who thinks Harden is a quitter, threw the game or has no heart needs to watch this video. You can see it in his face.

5. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Terry was the backup that had to play when Bev was gone for season.

None expected him to be great when Rockets traded for him.

He was supposed to be vet presence, trade piece. Turns out he was OK but there is a reason he wasn't the starter.

The man is 37 and asked to guard Curry. You knew that was a miss match.

Remember, Bev was hitting his 3s and a far superior defender.

No team is perfect.

6. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Through out the series Rockets couldn't lock down Curry. Can't remember any real double teams or shutting down the Warriors' offense.

Rockets needs a 3rd scoring option beside Harden and Howard. You can't rely on Smith consistently. He might have got you to the conference finals by a wild shot but you need more consistence from your power forward position.

Let go of Terry, get some new blood. Get someone who can shoot 3s lights out.

7. Codman

Codman Member

I watch these to the bitter end. James played horribly, dwight played his heart out tonight and Trevor was, and will always, be the glue. We didn't lose this game because of Kevin, but we never gained an identity with him.

The Rockets players didn't get the job done, but they also didn't have the leader to help guide them back. That's disheartening.

The only thing I hope for is a better coaching staff and approach. These 14-0 runs or 25-8 runs, etc are inexcusable. Not recognizing a corner offense zone is inexcusable.

Kevin McHale just simply CANNOT ADJUST in a game. He can't. And, it's well known that he's not equipped to INSPIRE guys like James and Dwight.

He is a player's coach. He does not know how to foster egos an push greatness.

He's misused Dwight since his arrival.

...and so you know, Dwight is not that happy here.

He wants a bigger role.

Kevin doesn't know how to make it happen. He is a good human being, but I have never been disgusted by a coach in all my years as a Rockets fans and a high school and college coach.

Doc's success and praise is warranted. He's made players better (DJ). He's won everywhere.

Pops has made countless players better (Tiago, DUncan, Tony, Manu, Kawhi etc.)

Carlisle has won everywhere.

Rick Adelman made winners out of mediocre talent.

Kevin couldn't make some simple adjustments, control this group, keep his leaders on the same page and prevent our team from crumbling when it matters most.

I wish him the best. I'm sure he'll be back ONLY based on the RECORD the Rockets made.

His imprint on this team is vague, and I wish he were a more empowering, intelligent leader.

He is a top 50 player, but he is one of the most mediocre coaches is Rockets and NBA history.

It's disgusting to watch the lack of understanding of mismatches, time out usage, momentum changes and keeping players accountable.

If you have ever coached at a high level, or if you have ever talked to high-ranking coaches, being able to anticipate what the other team may do is crucial.

Kevin always seemed unprepared.

For James' sake, as a young MVP player, he needs a much ,much better coach.

Kevin had his chance with this group of Dwight and James and he failed. Josh Smith saved us against LAC when Kevin looked clueless.

Again, James' turnovers were killer, but a better coach would have had a plan to help alleviate the amount of ball-handling he had to do.

I hope people remember the great Rockets coaches who knew how to adjust, inspire a team BEYOND CLAPPING.

I will never understand why this man is the face if the coaching staff. HE was a cheap hire, but we will never be a strong team until our coach, our leader, ISN'T LEARNING ON THE FLY.

I'm going to sleep this one out, but I'm already hearing about the movement coming soon.

It's not surprising, but it sucks. And there is man to examine for these issues.

I'll let you know who's tired of the insecure man in the suit in time.

Bless his family, but give us a gift and move on.

I'm angry, obviously, but I knew McHale was the wrong choice the minute we signed him, and I made it very clear that he wasn't qualified.

Our wins this season came from the players, not from a simple-minded offense that other coaches preyed on.

Game ball goes to Dwight/Corey/Trevor.

We're going to look very different next year, thankfully. But, it looks like Kevin will have one more chance to learn as he goes. I'd love a coach to already have been through the trenches with some intelligent commentary.

"ClapClap. Play Harder. Le'ts go" and "I'll stand up once in awhile" is tiring.

Good riddance.

Love my Rockets and the fans, but I sure wish we had great leadership.

Finch? JB? Anyone but)_____

Cod

2 people like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I have a little issue with Dwight and Ariza coming off the floor smiling.

9. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Crazy video of Harden coming in to the locker room. He just looks dazed from what hapoened. We gotta support our guys either way clutchfans.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

explain this

- under 2min left in the game, the ONLY player on the Rockets with a positive +/- is Harden.

- for the game, Curry has the worst +/- of the Warriors players at +1.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Kerr with some classy comments about Houston- acknowledged DMO and Bev injuries and how all but 1 game was incredibly tough and said we have a great team etc

Sympathy for Houston flood victims

Props.

Go cavs

12. Omron

Omron Member

It's all relative. Just be glad you ain't a Clipper fan. LOL. Losing when you're up 3-1... now that really sucks.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

We already lost.
    Should they be on the middle of the court slashing their wrists?

Season is over.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

I respectfully disagree with you, Mr. Malph. Dirk was absolutely a reason they lost in 2007- he had that choking label for quite a long time. Kobe also had games where he ****ed up, as well, before he got Gasol on his team. Matter of fact, some horrible games. And Shaq got his ass kicked by the Jazz and Bulls in addition to our Rockets- when he had been in the league for quite some time. Lebron certainly did lay an egg in the 2011 Finals. If he continues to do this, fine, label him Karl Malone. But seeing as how this is only his 2nd time to the WCF, I'm going to cut him some slack.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thats all folks. ^^^

16. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Some of these media questions are just plain dumb.

On another note, props to Kerr for being classy - took a moment to speak about the flooding and the Rockets injuries.

17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Thankyou for your contributions and insight but how the hell can Dwight want more of a role? Zero post game, never passes it out of the post, has the touch of a bulldozer around the rim, can't make free throws, no jumpshot. Give us a break

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

It's from blood loss due to lack of heart.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

looking forward to next season bro……thanks for the insight and love in all your posts…..

20. Rocket_Man_2.0

Harden is on drugs...he looks like he's about to pass out. Pray for him!:(:rolleyes: