1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Harden and Howard will be fine. Neither of them are like Kobe as a bad person example. I am sure that other good players are willing to join the rockets rather than the lakers leading by Kobe.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL contrary to popular belief you don't need to be best buds in the locker room to win rings, you just need to note hate each other's guts ala Shaq-Kobe. KG and Pierce were close, Ray Allen...eh not so much. Still won a ring. LBJ and Wade were close, Bosh...eh not so much. Still won 2 rings, and despite not exactly being best buds Bosh was on record he would stay in Miami if LBJ also stayed. Best of all, MJ's teammates were actually afraid of him, and the Jordanneers still won 6 rings. THe NBA is a lot like the real world, you end up liking all of your officemates, but at the end of the day it doesn't prevent you from doing your job.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Oh how quickly stories/rumors get all twisted up around the GARM. LOL

4. Rockston

Rockston Member

This^^^So much^^^

It is all conjecture in relation to how well they play together. Lets focus on the epic win last night and carry that wave into Game 5, Clutch City.

Go Rockets!

5. FeaR

FeaR Member

So what if he did ? He is our superstar. He can say and do whatever he want. He is our future. He had two great away games and his teammates wasted them. He has the right to be frustrated with them. He got over it, moved on and had his 3rd great game in this series.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A clear confirmation of taking out your frustration on other players/Coaches is praise from your coach for taking out frustration on The Warriors???

Because that makes sense. That's like my mom praising me for making good grades on my report card as confirmation that I used to fail all my classes before.... Maybe my mom just believes in praising me for making good grades.

What makes sense is that Cyberx posted a rumor about Harden & Howard not being besties with matching charm bracelets, and now every little thing that comes out of anyone's mouth is confirmation for whatever you want to believe in which ever way you try to twist it.

That being said....

Harden's very first practice as a Houston Rocket resulted in quotes coming out praising him for getting on teammates about things such as "Tucking in your shirts".

If he is tough on teammates such as Dwight, or Capela, or anyone than you can either look at it as Yes... he is being more like Kobe/Jordan, or you can think Ewww... He is being a meany pants.

As you seem to be fixated on this as a negative, I can only assume your stance is that you have a problem with him being "That Type" of leader. I disagree that its a negative, and until any serious friction is reported that divides the team's drive to win games, and potentially forces roster moves based on that friction I say MORE POWER TO HARDEN. Be frustrated and voice your frustration.... as long as it leads to a team that wins basketball games. That's kind of what everyone wants right? Or are we more concerned with giggles, team warm up dances, bromances, and lollipops.

#646 dobro1229, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  7. Remii

Remii Member

According to the OP Harden hangs with his other teammates and not Howard... That doesn't necessarily make him a bad teammate. Maybe Howard doesn't like going to strip clubs all the time and Harden doesn't like hanging out with goofy dudes. No big deal.

8. malakas

malakas Member

what if? Did I say anything else? Just simple confirmation on the info given by cyber and Amir Johnson about the practices. This part. The other part about not hanging together is not confirmed.

About the he can say and do whatever he want..really you think so?
    I LOVE Harden. He's my favourite player in the NBA. But he is not without faults and he's not a god and he can NOT do whatever he wants.
    He needs to grow up and be a leader.
    In the NBA he's called a veteran and in life he's called an adult. But he's only 25 and people forget this. He has growing up to do still and he has to mature more.
    A first step in this road is making mistakes. Releasing your frustrations to your teammates and learning in time the one you need to be angry at. Your opponent.
    Another step is to admit his mistakes. To listen and to talk. That's the real leader. The one who communicates and works together and makes the team stronger with the help of his teammates.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dobro I hope he stays frustrated especially if it drives him to hit the warriors across the head for 40+ and the WIN.

He is also fixated with Dwight's Flagrant being upgraded to a F-2. I guess he doesn't like being wrong or something. LOL

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

After all the talk this offseason about how the success of this team falls squarely on the shoulders of the superstars, like...

James has been carrying a whole lot of the weight. Yet on game 2 the conversation was around James choking. And after game 3, the conversation was around James quitting.

So after carrying all that weight for the team, that HAS to be frustrating for the guy. Not surprised he blew up at practice.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Still waiting for examples of Harden and Howard "hanging out" before they stopped "hanging out."

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Exactly. I don't care if they don't get ice cream together after the game. I think we can all agree that the only important thing is making history and winning three more

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

Think back!!..remember how they wouldn't let Dmo sit with them??! Well now Dwight too has left the table :grin:

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I got this. Those were the days. Never again :mad: Bball disaster

[​IMG]

15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

We need to stop the Cyberex and bring back the CYBERSEX!

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And just when they finally timed their cycles. :(

17. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Stupid thread!

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Unfortunate that normal disagreements turn into tabloid news these days.

Biggest adjustment I saw this game was Harden getting rid of the ball earlier in the shot clock and getting the ball in motion more often. I felt Game 2 and 3 relied too heavily on him going iso, which really makes it tough for others to contribute offensively aside from being spot up shooters of which we have very few.

Honestly main guy I really think we need to sit more is Prigs. He makes a few nice plays here and there, but last night he had a back court violation on his own, and on offense he's just so limited that its difficult for me to see what he brings outside of hustle. Not sure NJ is any better, but his play has really been underwhelming for much of the playoffs outside of a few spots here and there.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Cybersex never left.