1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Game 4 Podcast: Rockets finally beat Warriors, but will Dwight be around for Game 5?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 26, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Really enjoyed it, even with the "sound effects!" The Rockets live to fight again. I hope Dwight's there to see it. I know he's earned some of those techs, and as soon as that play happened last night, I told my significant other, "That's at least a Flagrant 1!" I think one of his earlier techs (wish I could remember which one) was a real ticky-tac call from a ref. Just goes to show that none of them should be taken lightly. Dwight needs to get a grip. Oh, and Bogut fouled him on that play. Where was the call?

#2 Deckard, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Nice podcast.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

You guys are better than the commentators who do this for a living. (or maybe you both do this for living!) In any case, excellent analysis of game four. I don't think Howard should be suspended. Bogut was mugging him on the play without a call, and I don't think Howard was intentionally going for the head. Brewer is definitely MIA in this series. Not sure I agree about Harden's private life. I think you have got to have more professionalism and commitment than to "party" during a playoff series. Save it for later. When you are that public of a figure I don't think it is "just your business" how you conduct your yourself during a critical series. Excusing Johnny Football hasn't worked out too well.

1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Man, how crazy would it be if they showed up to the wrong arena?

Also:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/CaliGood_">@CaliGood_</a> lmao I was joking</p>&mdash; Money Mitch (@TrillAC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrillAC_/status/602636107700838400">May 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#5 Haymitch, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If nothing else...we get one more game of the Rockets. That's good enough for me.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The most positive thing that came out was a great performance from Harden and the victory of course, after a terrible defeat.

Let's hope for the best. Losing Dwight would be a huge blow, but we have to give our all to the very end, whether he plays or not.

Go Houston Rockets!

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Argh! I'm glad I can edit. Thanks!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I love these, and think MK is a great co-host - well done.

I disagree about Harden though, I think he has some maturing to do - if he is going to be a leader.

Also agree that Howard should have been ejected.

DD

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I agree about Harden. Let the man live. Especially when it comes out that he actually wasn't out. All the commotion for nothing.

The older guy who gets baited into possibly getting suspended is the one who needs some maturing.

11. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I think they won't upgrade it. But if Howard is suspended, it's not the upgrade to F2 that is upsetting but that ridiculous flagrant to the basketball in the Dallas series.

12. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

That's an interesting but not surprising observation. Harden is dependent on his teammates to hit the 3s as much as the team depends on him. Explain why when they struggle, they really struggle and why Smith's playmaking and shot making is so important and has been the key difference in 4-5 games so far. Need more play makers to have more balance next season.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Howard is likely going to be suspended.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. dream2franchise

After listening to the Lowe Post this morning with Lowe/Russillo this is a breath of fresh air and it's not because it's from a Rockets point of view:

- Both you (Clutch) and MKB were very fair in the assessment of BOTH teams as it related to this game and the series.

- No proclamations of how this series is over and discussing Cavs/Warriors before it's even happened.

- There wasn't a stench of arrogance from either of you. No predicting the future, dismissing teams or mocking of players. Just a couple of intelligent people discussing a basketball series with respect to both teams that won't be found anywhere else.

This is the best basketball podcast on the internet right now. It's a shame that really, it only covers the Rockets because I'd love to hear your thoughts on the rest of the league.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We might not sustain our 3pt shooting, but definitely we need to keep the defensive discipline on Warriors' 3pt shooters. Esp. not leaving Curry and Klay open. If we have to rotate from the others, so be it.

And we need to pray for a good reffing crew. And the focus and composure to let go of frustrations.

17. thiefery

thiefery Member

I agree, that Lowe podcast was brutal..just as was Marc Stein interview on Dan lebetard show this afternoon.

Everyone is acting as if GSW won the series last night.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just to piggy back on this, today's NBA Lockdown podcast starts off with the question why did it take THIS long for the rockets to play well?

Did they just forget that we lost by a combined 6 points in the two games IN GS?

People are acting as if all the games GS has won were no doubters. Both teams have a no doubter each and GS pulled off the 2 close ones. The series isn't nearly the landslide that the differential or 3-1 record would indicate. Yet all the talk I hear is that this has been a breeze for GS and they only let one slip because they eased up being up 3-0.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I know it's the company line to say we shouldn't care about the media and what they say, but man...sometimes it's really just hard not to be annoyed at the stupidity and the bias.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

After review, the NBA elected not to suspend Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard for Game 5 of the Western Conference finals, the league announced Tuesday.

Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com