1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terry and priggs aren't starting pgs, stop treating Smith like a starting PF.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsballin, May 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

smith and jones aren't starters, they're backups. like terry and priggs, you shouldnt expect them to play like starters. they're doing fine in their roles. he's gonna turn it over more as a starter or playing heavy minutes.

i hope smith agrees to sign for cheap to be our backup pf. hopefully we can package jones and the 18th pick in a trade for a starting pg.

2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

3. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I like Terrence Jones, but I believe he should be gone, D-Mo start at the 4 and smith on the cheap with a bit of luck. Capela will play more and develop. we need a PG in the worst way.

4. newAge_Rockets

What the hail is this thread for?

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

imagine smith and dwight in the regular season against lesser teams. those lobs alone will get dwight 100s of points.

we're talking backups here. dmo is the starting pf, if u paid attention you'd know he play good enough defense too. smith and jones are backups where one of them is forced to play heavy minutes. i hate smith with his stupid passes or chucking when things dont go his way, but he's not supposed to be out there for 30+ minutes a game. cf will like him more as a backup next season

i dont mind keeping jones, but i like smith more cuz he's more talented and has plenty of rs and po experience. if smith asks for too much then jones is the clear choice. we cant keep both, and have a future beast in capella rot on the bench.

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Seriously the point of this ? We know that and you know we have no other options so ? Sign someone bf next game

7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Yet we're in the WCF.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the point was in the op. pple keep complaining about smith and jones not playing like starters when they're not supposed to be playing heavy minutes

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

TJones is our last big man standing when we have to take our Smith and Howard when opponents start fouling intentionally.

We should all be grateful for Jones.

10. ibm

ibm Member

whatever.

i just know if prigs makes a 3 its a sure win for us. :)

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Bring back the same team that got to the western conference finals and get rid of your bad rebounder's and get a PG. When the rockets rebound well they win period, Smith is not that bad as well as Jones as far as rebounding goes as well as Capela. Familiarity is the new normal and building chemistry over the years is a must.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, if only the Rockets had a starting caliber PG and PF....oh wait. Do I see D-Mo and Bev over on the bench in street clothes?

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Right. People make me laugh.

That said, Bev won't be back next season. I'm totally good with that as long as we upgrade him. We need a PG that can reliably hit outside shots and stay in front of the likes of Parker, Curry, Conley, Paul, etc. We don't need an allstar. Can we clone Chauncy Billips -10 years.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Terry and Prigs are old men.
    Smith is so talented not only to be a starter but a star in the league. Unfortunately he has mental issues that always interfere. Maybe it's time for him to accept that from now on he will be a back up off the bench the rest of his carreer.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure Rockets can trade Jones for Kevin Love and Pringles for Mike Conley

Conley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Love
    Dwight

Good enough OP?

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure you don't understand the point the OP is making. He's actually defending those guys. He doesn't like how critical people are being of players that he believes the Rockets never planned on playing big minutes (though Jones was supposed to be the starting power forward going into the season so I'm not sure what he's talking about there).

#16 Williamson, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  17. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Save a couple teams, very few have a 4th best starter as good as Josh Smith.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

as the op says, smith isnt a starting pf. clutchfans members keep talking like smith is a starter. when your two best players are struggling to shoot and ask smith to give it a try dont be surprised if he cant get a 20/10

i dont konw why this isnt obvious.

19. butterball

butterball Member

Look no further than Sergio Llull. I don't know anything about him, but if Morey likes him, I'm sold.