1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/25/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 24, 2015.

1. BigTex

BigTex Member

37-24 2nd quarter. No killer instinct wtf

2. Remix

Remix Member

Hopefully they don't get too comfortable with everything that's happened and remember this is an elimination game

3. nemac

nemac Member

Well the stage is set for a Warriors close out. Harden looking lackadaisical, Rox gave up 59 in the half. Warriors gonna be motivated by Curry injury esp if he makes a return in the 2nd half. Offense comes and goes, but you can't give up points so easy! Good news, still up 10.

4. solid

solid Member

Rockets really struggle with their "mental focus," they can't sustain momentum, give up huge leads in the most lackadaisical ways. They have done this all season. It is like working your tail off for money and then blowing it meaninglessly. I can't relate to their mind set. Don't understand it. I wouldn't be surprised if they get blown out in the second half. Hope not, but it would be so like this team. Win this, and Curry may have to sit out a game or two. Unbelievable opportunity, if they can just close the deal.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm fully expecting a choke given the nature of this Rockets team. Hope I'm wrong.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Klay did score 37 in a quarter and 50 a time or two this season. He had a 39 point performance when Curry was out with an ankle injury this season.

He is more than capable of carrying the load for a while.

7. Mr Chuck Norris

You just described Beverley and Smoove without the skills.

If i can make a trade for David west and George hill on this team it'll be perfect

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

That was the knock on Jones in pre-draft scouting reports. A player who can be passive for stretches in a game and Mr. Invisible every other game.

9. count_dough-ku

The Rockets aren't gonna keep up that shooting percentage all night. They're still shooting 60% for the game and that's gonna cool off a little too. But what they can't do is let up on defense.

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

For real. His mistakes lead to the BIGGEST opponent runs I've ever seen. Unbeliveable.

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

you know Klay is gonna go off cause hes sucked most this series

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UPDATE: Doris Burke reports that Steph Curry has a head contusion after this fall. He's questionable to return. <a href="http://t.co/TUDxyf2UL8">http://t.co/TUDxyf2UL8</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/603020765739536384">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lacob, Guber and Dell Curry are all at the Warriors locker room. Myers just said to reporters outside &quot;He should be all right.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ann Killion (@annkillion) <a href="https://twitter.com/annkillion/status/603019314757824512">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Standing ovation from TC crowd as Steph walks off floor. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ClassyFans?src=hash">#ClassyFans</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/603017301118623746">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

13. calcium

calcium Member

Which is exactly why he shouldnt be MVP.

He goes out, nothing happens.

Now if Harden went out, guess what would happen?

So who is more V here?

Harden should have won that one.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Bev & Smoove are nowhere near those descriptions.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

To those that are shocked by the Rockets lack of energy, you just saw a guy narrowly escape never being able to walk again. The warriors came out to avenge him, it's a perfect storm of bad. The Rockets energy will pick back up.

16. adobo

adobo Member

Curry is very lucky he did not injure himself seriously with that fall....it could have been a lot worse....

I have fallen a lot worse than that on the court....as long as he didnt land on his arms, legs, wrsts....and it looked there was enough even distribution with his head when he landed....I think his going to be alright....i hope for his sake

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I can see that Warriors run coming from a mile away. How could the McHale and team not? The energy also just went out of the building on that injury.`

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Not just him, other players were doing lazy passes

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

And now if we win, it'll "only be because curry was out"... so we'd still get no credit, even tho we had our biggest lead when he was playing.

20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

False - that would show why Curry is NOT the MVP. They have a great TEAM w/ or w/out Curry, he's just icing on the cake man. Rockets outside of Harden/Howard/Ariza are a hodgepodge group of castaways, essentially.