1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Ouch!

The Howard-Harden disconnect

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12934098

[​IMG]

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Nonsense that play when he took the ball away from Bogut on the rebound and dunked it back showed he was the only one who wanted to win yesterday.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I thought this was obvious but to spell it out, the point of the comparison is Lebron had similar problems at 25 years of age in the playoffs to Harden(up and down play, having very passive games, etc) and that is with Lebron being one of the greatest players of all time(if not the greatest). The point is, this happens to very very good basketball players at that stage in their career too.

4. Rockston

Rockston Member

Cyberx, if I am understanding you correctly the team and James are tight and see Dwight as more of an outsider. So much so that they consider him "soft".

You cannot be serious.mif our team cannot recognize the effort our big man is laying out there on the court then I am pretty much done with this group as a whole. Pic this is all true then we are just going to be picking sides which in my opinion is very immature especially since we are talking about grown men.

Dwight is too wise to fall for this crap. He will hold his ground by continuing to do what he is good at. Harden is a little less consistent so it is hard to say he is our leader on the court but his impact is significant, for the better or worse.

Despite all of this I still believe in these guys because I love the Rockets and frankly I do not appreciate this contribution of yours cyberx while we are still alive.

Keep your words to yourself next time man, it can wait. We have a do or die game 4 to invet our energy in. Go Rockets!

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

no one gets along when they're losing. KObe/Shaq would've broke up a lot sooner if they weren't winning in the beginning.

6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I don't need them to like each other or hang out, I just need them to play smart basketball and win.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Difference is LeBron can take that ragtag bunch to the finals without him, which is why you'll probably never hear Kyrie speak up even if he has a problem with the way LeBron runs the ship. Hard to see Howard or Harden reacting the same way.

If the Rockets miraculously win a couple and just get to a game 7, i'm sure they'll all get along a lot better.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nobody is wrong as much as you.

Yeah, I didn't think it was that hard to interpret his comments.

Looks like the chemistry issues off of the court have made their way onto the court as well. This could be one explanation for the above mentioned stat.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Its 100% okay if star players are not close . In fact its normal. What bothers me is why does Dwight not hang with the team? That's odd

10. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

cause Harden is there

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Chemistry on court with Dwight and the rest of the guys seems great. Always in good spirits, smiling (maybe too much) and with James I get a "I'm a star, give me the ball, I'm so good its boring" vibe. Not as personable I guess, but that's just on game days, who knows what its like at practice and all the other team functions.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Than that's extremely childish. That's kid ****. Not buying that from a grown ass man and pro ball player

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this like when oasis broke up?

1 person likes this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this is the most meaningless stat ever.

Harden's passes usually go to open jumpers, which is why most of his passes go to Ariza, Terry, Smith.

Howard doesn't post up anymore so no passes to him in the post, Howard shoot mid range shots, so no passes to him in that area, Howard can't shoot threes obviously, so no passes to him there. The only passes are either lobs or pocket passes which is really limiting in the playoffs the way defense is playing on the pick and roll.

When Dwight Howard sets a pick for Harden they usually clog the lane forcing Harden to either take a jumper or most of the time find the open three point shooter.

there have been no point in the playoffs where I felt like James Harden is icing Howard in any way, most passes have been really on point which is why Dwight finishes at such a high rate

1 person likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley and pippen?

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Dunno, but this smells like bull****

Howard has been playing very good and probably our most consistent player throughout the playoffs.

I have grown to trust cyberx, but this, I don't know...weird

17. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Dwight smiles for everything. Has to be Harden's fault.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

This needs more clarification, its like a Laker fan is saying this. I know you are one, but this is just like any sour Laker fan

19. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Guys the truth is cyberx is Harden.

1 person likes this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Thank you. If it's too tough to root for the team, piss off.