1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think whoever wins the WCF will go on to win the championship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Flop, May 22, 2015.

?

Do you think the WCF is pretty much the NBA Finals?

1. Yes.

87 vote(s)
    80.6%
  2. No, the east will win this year.

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. No, the west will win this year only if the Rockets make it.

12 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. No, the west will win this year only if the Warriors make it.

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Flop

Flop Member

I never considered the Hawks a threat, and always believed the Cavs were coming out of the east. I haven't been paying attention to the other conference lately, but nobody wants to watch an NBA finals featuring the Hawks. Do you think whoever wins the West will go on to win the it all? Are both WCF teams better than a Cavs team without Love and Varejao? Don't forget Irving might still be hobbled as well.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GSW has one of the best chances to win it, with Love injured

That said, the Rox can still come back and do not count out Lebron's not 1, not 2, not 3 campaign and his skills

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, I think the Cavs will go on.

Quite frankly, I think we can beat the Cavs but I think the Cavs can beat the warriors. People may think I'm crazy, but if Harden is doing this to the Warriors...what will Lebron do?

I think the Cavs have a shot at this, they have shooters, they have capable bigs...if Irving was healthy I would strongly favor the Cavs.

All I know is this. If the Warriors don't win this year then I'm going to seriously doubt they ever win it with that core.

One, they risk losing some of those guys after this season.

Two, no way a team is this lucky health wise two years in a row. Portland was the lucky health team last year and it caught up to them this year.

Three. Lets think about the teams in the west shall we? OKC without Durant. The Spurs...simply being the Spurs...The Grizzlies had two injuries during their series...Rockets are without two major players and should be 2-0 right now. Whoever they play from the East should they even win this series will be banged up.

The Bball Gods have served a championship on a platter for them.

4. Flop

Flop Member

I think if the NBA wants to keep conferences then they should get rid of them once it comes down to the last 4 teams. It would be:

1. Warriors
    2. Hawks
    3. Rockets
    4. Cavs

We would be playing the Hawks for a chance to make it to the NBA Finals. I don't believe you should get a second place trophy if both finalists in the other conference can beat you.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Absolutely. The West team will win the championship. Neither the Hawks nor the Cavs stand a chance. The Cavs play too much iso and if it wasn't for JR going nuts they would have lost game1. The Hawks have Thabo and likely Caroll out and Teague and Korver don't play like in the regular season.
    They are not as good as either of the western teams remaining.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not serious but why don't they make the playoffs like a mini regular season

16 teams in one group playing each other

The best 4 go to the Semis, then the Finals in elimination mode

7. malakas

malakas Member

and why should they just abolish the conferences at the final four level?
    Many times wins and loses in series depends on match ups and things as LUCK and injuries. That's the world of sports.
    If they want to abolish them abolish alltogether not this.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Because that would suck and people would watch only the semis and finals.
    The playoffs are supposed to me seed vs seed and loser goes home.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One point is travel issues you do not want to travel from the west coast to the East coast every time they face the Knicks or the Nets.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Then stay with the conferences and wait till the East gets better and the West worse.
    As Bird said the East now is like the West 30 years ago when Magic Johnson had a free road to the finals.
    This things will change.

11. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

It depends on how serious Kyrie's injury is.
    The CAVs despite not having Love can still be deadly if Kyrie's healthy.
    I think they match up well with the Warriors. But if they met us in the final, they're done.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Kyrie is in awful condition. He's basically relegated to a jump shooter now. He said it himself that he "doesn't have it". He can barely move on the court.

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No, Cavs beat Golden State. Can match the Warriors with small ball with Lebron at the four and if he switches onto Curry, he can shut him down. Lebron can swat Curry from behind if he gets a step in front of him.

14. malakas

malakas Member

If Cavs beat the Warriors/Rockets to win the championship I will eat my hat. (but no pics).

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think the rockets have a better chance to win it all if we advance than the Warriors. Rockets are better imo, but not nearly as disciplined and there are times where it looks like some guys aren't going 100 mph balls to the wall.

Curry is an amazing shooter. Thompson is a great shooter. They have nice players. I think the favs would beat them.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets will take out any teams from the East and this is why I believe this year is our best chance.

Next season onwards it gets tougher. OKC will be retooled and ready to go. Rockets may not be able to hold on to all that we have now. Clips will be better etc

17. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Yes. I have been telling my friends forever that the NBA should get rid of conferences and change the NBA scheduling were teams all play twice and you play select teams a 3rd time.

Any time that your 9th seed in the West could be a high seed in the East, you have a problem.

Just take a look at the ALL NBA Teams, 12 West and 3 East.

I just feel as if the playoffs would be a much better product if the NBA were to go to this. Your playoffs would have started:

1. GS
    16. Bos

2. Atl
    15. Mil

3. HOU
    14. OKC

4. LAC
    13. NO

5. MEM
    12. WAS

6. SA
    11. TOR

7. CLE
    10. DAL

8. POR
    9. CHI

And then reseed after every round. You would get quality series every single round.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think the West is more likely to win the championship, but I don't think it's so clearly superior that it's a foregone conclusion.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

east doesn't have a chance against either of these two west teams. especially Cleveland not even being 100%

20. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, i've had the similar thought for a long time.

traveling is almost a non-issue today, unlike in the past. they should rid of the conf. and div altogether. let each team play 3 times a year and that's 87 games for all teams.