1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/21/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 20, 2015.

1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

anyone have a vid of Curry saying that about the 4th qtr lead?

I dont believe it

2. lockmat

lockmat Member

Y'all stop hating on Curry. He's friggin an amazing shooter. Harden is a better scorer. The Warriors are friggin good. I think we can still win this series and if we do, it will probably be the most hard fought series the Rockets have ever won.

3. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Back in the day, Clyde would have elbowed Steph in the t*** a few times per game. Try shooting 3's with a bruised breast.

4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Here is the truth....the officiating is NOT going to change in Houston. More of the same.I would respect McHale more if he said the truth during post game press conference....we can't compete with a 5 on 8 scenario.

5. Jblazea50

Jblazea50 Member

That simple and easy over the back call the refs missed on Green with 1:40 left was HUGE. It gave Warriors 2 points instead of Jones going to the FT line. HUGE missed call in a tight and close game that should not happen.

6. ibm

ibm Member

agreed.

not hating on curry. he's very talented and works hard. its just the culture of the game has changed.

and yes, we still have a fair chance. if we can get our defense to do better, that chance gets bigger. i dont see many tricks left in kerr's pockets.

7. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Dude they don't care!!!! They rig this crap in front of the entire world!!! Why would they care about a few emails from nobody's!

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

According to sportscenter only 4 teams have ever come back from 0-2 to win a conference finals. The rockets actually have a statistically more challenging thing to do now than last series (well maybe close since a lot less conference finals than all other 7 game series where a team could be down 3-1... But still a really hard thing to do).

So so so so so want this to happen.

Can anyone else step up. They are getting open looks.

9. Rockston

Rockston Member

No, I meant to post it earlier but my phone went whack on me. I guess I did pist it after all. Sorry for the DP but I stand by it. I am eagerly awaiting the copy of this game to see all the free points they received and the points/possessions we lost because of the zebras. This game was played super close despite all of the calls that swung the momentum into their favor. We are the superior team. We just have to be exceptional to be able to overcome such obstacles. The Warriors are a heck of a team but we are better. We need to be better than them and the zebras and this might be Clutch City's tallest task since the free handchecks and Knicks of the '94 Finals. I believe our Rox can do it.

Clutch City lives on.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well technically they can't. They'll have to go into heavy luxury tax territory to match whatever deal Green gets this offseason unless they find a team to take Lee off their hands and possibly another high-paid player(Iggy, maybe?).

Then they have to re-sign Barnes in 2016. The cap does go up, so they'll be able to do that. But then they have to re-sign Curry, Bogut, and Iggy(assuming he isn't traded before then) in 2017.

They're in a similar situation to the Thunder back in 2012. They can keep this core together if they want. But they'll have to pay an insane amount of money to do so.

11. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Werent the Thunder the last team to do it?

12. ibm

ibm Member

yup. as much as i dont like to blame a loss on the refs, that one was huge. in a way one can say that one cost us a game. but even there, it's not the first time.

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

yeah, and guess who was on that team

14. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Livingston again shooting like he's the next Michael Jordan. Does this guy ever miss? He was 4-4 again in this game. One miss and we win.

15. Rockston

Rockston Member

You're right, we need to funnel this into the best hands possible and hope.our fearless leader stands up for us.

Somebody fire up the Murray.jpg I'm on a crappy droid.

16. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

The world thought we were done when it was 3-1 Clippers

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Let's see. You put Nick Johnson in, he makes on few stops on Curry..........., so you take him out.:confused:

18. egr281

egr281 Member

Playing next to Kyrie has really skewed peoples thoughts on lebron.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have some REF Complaints
    but none for MY ROCKETS!!!

The countdown . . .4. . . then 1. . . .. TO THE WINNING

Rocket River

20. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Livingston is the difference in both games. Give him credit for his performance.