1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/21/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 20, 2015.

1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Rockets are 2-13 when trailing 2-0

I like those odds

2. Flop

Flop Member

I feel like they call that foul curry committed on harden. Weak or not it caused harden to lose the ball.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I really want Houston to win this series so we can hear the sound of thousands of sports writers simultaneously trashing the pro Golden State pieces they had already written before game 1.

4. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

STOP WATCHING OR LISTENING TO ESPN

5. tenguin

tenguin Member

sure is convenient how the ball was out of bounds on that play and they never showed the replay.

1 person likes this.
  6. nolenium

nolenium Member

Normally I hate piling on the refs... but yeah, man. I thought it was pretty clear to everyone that the ball was off Curry's foot. If anything, the goal-line official should've huddled up with the others if they aren't allowed to do a replay to confirm.

With <4-5 minutes in the 4th, possession changes like that are pretty crucial. More balanced calling (I'd say it went something like 65-35 for GS, not ridiculous but a few pretty blatant missed calls) might've been a difference-maker.

Then again, getting our big guys to get better at FTs (here's looking at you, 2015-2016 NBA Season)...

7. Flop

Flop Member

They would call it for curry. He would flop, but harden went for the ball

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, this is true.

Gotta give credit to Curry, if he doesn't come over Harden likely drives right past Klay for the layup.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That and the non-call on Green's over-the-back were huge. The Warriors scored off both. And the non-call had it been whistled would've meant free throws for Jones at the other end. That's a potential 6-point swing.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah I really think we need Smith to show up. I mean harden is doing everything, now we need the other guys to step up.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man I feel so bad for Harden

12. Flop

Flop Member

I agree, we can watch the post game interviews on nba.com right?

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Whats funny about that is if you listen closely you can hear he started a chain reaction of those poles falling in addition to the one he hit.

14. kevtse

kevtse Member

damn i keep thinking about the last play.....i dont think i could sleep tonight

15. Flop

Flop Member

I just want to get one of those bad calls our way. The warriors fans would go crazy if they do. They start a refs u suck chant when the warriors players commit a foul and they call it.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm so heated right now. Damn this ****.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, couldn't have said it better myself. ****ing harden almost won us the whole ****ing game, **** ****ty fans!

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Things that upset me:

1. Missed FTs.

2. Harden repeatedly failing to rotate, to help the helper, when they blow by our PnR D or draw & dish.

3. TJ looking to avoid-- rather than seek-- contact when taking it to the rack.

4. Many non-calls when they fouled us. That time, late, when Green just bulldozed over TJ's back really pissed me off, because it was so plain.

5. The turnovers.

6. The missed FTs. Repeated for emphasis. Et tu, Harden?

7. More Capela, more Prig might've helped tonight. Would like to see Capela and Dwight for a few stops. Putting Nick in instead of Prig was an unfortunate choice. Yes, I know Prig had made consecutive boneheaded plays (covering Iggy instead of Curry in the corner; launching that 30-footer for no good reason), but I'd give him a third strike before benching him the rest of the game.

Sorry to vent. They're really good, and we came that close to splitting. Dammit.

19. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

God bless James Harden. Doing everything he can but man... I bet he'd take that last play back if he could.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

20. realmustang

realmustang Member

Wait, what? The man is averaging almost a triple double in this series but some how it's his fault? He's the main reason we've lost by a combined 5 points to the "best team in the NBA" who also have the best home record in the league by far. Unfreakin believable. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.