1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard injury thread (video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 19, 2015.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This...

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's a SPRAIN. His ligament was stretched. He's wearing a large brace because he needs stability for a joint that's no longer completely stable.

So, can we stop treating it like it's a bone bruise? That's over with.

3. ibm

ibm Member

any news today? havent looked.

it's simple now i think about it. if he wants to play, let him start. if he's effective, let him play his normal minutes. if not then sub in others at once. let it ride a little. not too much to be analyzed here.

safe to say we're see capela play some more minutes tonight, i think.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The Rockets have to figure out what's too much, that's what has to be analyzed. 5 mins could be too much, but so can 25. It all depends on how far along his sprain is and what the play demands of Howard. You can't plan for actual game. Warriors may shoot a lot and he may only have to box out for rebounds or they may go inside to test him and he may have to move laterally a lot.

He hasn't even sprinted yet. They're waiting to test that out pre-game.

5. gogispade

gogispade Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard has a Grade 1 sprain of the inside ligament of his left knee.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/601454202603180032">May 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is that bad?

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

It's the most minor level of sprain, with Grade 3 being a complete tear of the ligament. More than likely no tearing involved. Joint is stable and there's no damage.

If I'm not mistaken, it now depends more on pain/discomfort than preventing further damage. I could be wrong though.

Thank the basketball gods there was no tear

[​IMG]

8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Grade 1. Lowest of Damage. Basketball Gods. Please allow Houston to be happy for once!

1 person likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Now let's rewind back a couple pages to the doom and gloom... OPTIMISM my friends! Team of Destiny!! PlayoffDwight will be back!

1 person likes this.
  10. brooksstephens

I may be wrong, but in my time being a sports fan, people on the internet who are smarter than me have repeatedly said that a sprain IS a tear by definition.

It can be a very very small tear that doesn't need reconstructive surgery, but a tear nonetheless.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Grade 1? I would be shocked if he does not play.

DD

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

microscopic tear. Yep. VERY tiny, but nothing that need surgery. :eek:

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Tonight is not must win. If we lose it just means home court has held. If we too protect our home court that gives us two chances to take one from them.

14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I disagree. I think tonight is must win. If you go down 2-0 you are asking us to beat a damn good team 4 out of 5 times. While I think Golden State is beatable. I don't think they lose 4 out of 5.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Should have sat in the Hot Tub for a hour earlier. . . .then Ice. . .then more HotTub

Then get out and be a BEAST!1

Rocket River

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

So you think our only chance in this series is winning in 7? Otherwise we're going to have to win 4 of the next 5.

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Never underestimate the heart of a champion... don't ever count the rockets out.

18. craxkz

craxkz Member

Dwight soft as ***... This is the finals! He needs go play

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

jesus LOL

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am not counting them out. But blowing off game 2 is not wise like it could easily be made up. I think Golden State is beatable . But they are 67 and 15 and 8 and 2 for a reason. They are good. You don't treat any game like a throw away.