1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the Rockets Can Bring Drought to the Splash Brothers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, May 21, 2015.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I ironically found this little gem on a GS site. I noticed Prigs did this a couple of times when we were outmanned in transition. I don't know why they didn't utilize it more. You simply foul one of their guys to stop their transition, which is where GS kills teams with wide open 3s. Apparently it was pretty effective for Orlando in a game earlier this year. I'd much rather give 2 shots to one of their poorer FT shooters than let Curry get a wide open look. He must shoot like 70% on wide open looks. It's absolutely absurd.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...kets-can-bring-drought-to-the-splash-brothers

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just follow Grizzlies' plan. They led 2-1 at some point in that series....

3. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Put Johnson on Curry and McDaniels on Thompson ... all night long? :rolleyes:

4. Franchize

Franchize Member

Just Hack-a-Curry. It's that simple

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Ahh yes. Just bring in Tony Allen.

If I recall correctly, the Grizz double-teamed Curry close to the half court. It seemed like the Rockets went with a similar tactic yesterday at times and forced him to give the ball to Barnes or Green. I could be wrong.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You CAN foul off the ball. Hello, McFly.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wish we could get our hands on an Avery Bradley in the offseason...

Having additional guard defenders is a plus in this perimeter orientated league!

8. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I can't quite recall when exactly that was but I think it was after game 3 and right before game 4. But even if I'm wrong you're right for sure. It was definitely at some point in the series.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the 2nd round had 2 or 3 teams winning 3 games in a series therefore turning those series around that they were trailing behind in.

10. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

How to stop the splash brothers?

Keep posting videos of all the Warriors illegal screens on social media and hope the NBA decides to do something about it.

Curry is a good enough shooter, he doesn't need the help of the illegal screens.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hate to say it, but repeat 1st half of game 4.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I was shocked at how often Curry and Thompson were wide-open on the wings for shots. Hell, make Bogut beat you and forget about sagging on offside defense.

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

This!!!