1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can't help but feel like the Rockets just wasted their best shot to steal a game in Oracle. That hurts.

2. DenisM

DenisM Member

I haven't watched the Warriors this season. Was this a good game by their standards? I know that Livingston exploded in the first half, but Thompson was very bad and that makes the balance. Can they play a lot better? Because if they play the next game like this I think that we can beat them. Sadly, Dwight seems with his body language like he is out for the season. Man, it's too much. Bev, DMo, Dwight :(

3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

So I missed 90% of the game, saw bits and pieces at work.

Harden played like sht the whole first half it looked like, he can't keep doing that. Also... I don't mind that we lost. I mean I HATE it, but we competed...and it's the Warriors at home. Wtvr.

That being said... you can't tie it twice and then turn the ball over 3 or 4 times in a row with 3min left and win the game. A shtty 2nd Q and a bad few possessions near the end ruined this game.

It was completely winnable, and as usual we were our own worst enemy.

I knew it was over when Smith threw it spot into the stands, sadly.

4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Shut up idiot

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Apparently because he didn't express his love for a harden, it's a problem for some. All he said was that they played him tight and he made a lot of tough shots.

6. dream2franchise

The thing is, Terrence Jones is so inconsistent that he could be the difference in the next game. McHale has to continue to trust him.

Jones put Dallas away for us, and he was the catalyst for the comeback against LA. There's no middle ground with him, unfortunately so McHale needs to trust him enough to put him in, but know when to take him out.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

clutch ban him

8. kanggang

kanggang Member

that looked like 2011 Harden playing for OKC in the WCFs...if he can keep it up all series like he did then and howard can come back we have a series...we won that 4Q without howard and brew/jones playing like shiet

9. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Funny the announcers said it was a foul on us

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Anyone kinda of wishing capella could get Josh Smith's minutes? Capella doesn't make stupid game changing mistakes.

11. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Man harden was going off until that smith turnover I felt sick when he brought the ball up

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets will get no credit for only losing by 4 without Dwight. LOL ok. I think Dwight will be fine. Rockets need only one.

13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That harden just made some tough shots and they'll live with that but he had a stupid smirk on his face when he said it

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

He said Harden was a great talent, but thought Klay played great defense on the isos. Why do you guys constantly play the 'woe-is-me' card? Is that a Houston thing?

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

"Dwight may have had an injury so maybe we have to take that into account."

The Warriors were so unimpressive and they're ****ing all over their dick. If Curry missed 5 minutes due to injury that is literally all they would talk about.

16. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I doubt steph is gonna shoot like 90% again but **** because if only we had howard

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Me too. It's tough to say they wasted it though. Dwight's injury really derailed them. He was totally out of sync after that and it hurt them in the 2nd quarter. If the Rockets didn't give up that 16-point lead so quickly, this game would've played out very differently.

18. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Yep shoved him from behind but nary a whistle, but how was it that our defense got caught with several back picks for easy lay ups that happened at least 3 times in the 4th ??? How the **** can McHale let that go without getting them to address that ???

19. tenguin

tenguin Member

Curry hot as **** and barely won? I'm feeling good about the next game

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Good effort overall tonight. I have to say dwight getting hurt changes everything for this series now.

Rockets wont be able to defend effectively without Dwight. Im more upset about Dwight getting hurt than losing the game