1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd hating hard on the Rockets and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 19, 2015.

1. bmd

bmd Member

On his radio show:

What do we got tonight? NBA Draft Lottery? I'm really excited for this, I really am. Also, game 1 in the West. Golden State by 22 over the Rockets. I predict a sweep. 4 or 5 games. I'll give Houston 1 just out of the kindness of my heart.

*takes a call from a listener*

Let's see, we got Charles. You a big Harden guy, Charles?

Charles: No, not especially.

Colin: Yeah, me neither.

Charles: I don't know if you saw what happened in that 3rd quarter in game 6, when Harden started melting down and started pushing people... he probably should have had a couple or 3 flagrant fouls. And I think McHale sat him down simply because he wasn't going to have that on his team.

I think the guy is mentally weak. I don't think he's tough. And when he saw the end is near, he just went off!

Colin: Yeah, I'm not a fan of him. I've had people in the league say he's not a great teammate. I'm not a fan of his temperament. I don't like this... what is this thing? *now speaking in a nerdy nasally voice while mimicking Harden's "cooking" gesture* "Hey, hey I just scored a basket here! I'm stirring the pot! Heeey!" What is that? That's what Darius Miles did. I mean, what is that? *now sounding disgusted* That's just bush league. It's not what Larry Bird did after baskets or Jerry West. Listen, if you're an NBA star, you don't do a "thingy" after you score. That is weak. That's what Darius Miles did.

If you're a star player.. Magic Johnson didn't after a basket have a "magic sign". Tim Duncan didn't do that. Hacks do that. That's what hacks do.

So when you make a basket, I don't need James Harden doing "unicorn horns". YOU'RE AN ALL-STAR! Hit the hoop and go play defense. SO WEAK. UGGGH! It's just... so beneath... Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, LeBron James, Tim Duncan, Larry Bird... they're not doing signs after they hit a jumper.

I just hate that stuff. I'm sweating.

I think everytime James Harden does this thing, *mimicking his stirring the pot* every single time he does that thing in the air... what are you a d-league player? That's what Darius Miles does. It's not what Oscar does and West and Magic and Isaiah and Bird.

It's just so bad.

2. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Unicorn Horns!

LOL

3. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I wonder what percentage of GARM threads are about the opinions of people in the media.

I'll never understand why y'all care.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stephen A., Skip, Cowherd...

[​IMG]

#4 J.R., May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Who cares about what Cowherd has to say. We've made it to the western conference finals and a large reason why is Harden. Regardless of how this series turns out, we've had a very good run so far and Harden was a big reason why.

6. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Nothing else to do. Game doesn't start in another 7 hours. :mad:

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Cowherd is a joke. Lol

Mavs in 7
    Clips in 5
    Warriors in 4 or 5

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Larry Bird didn't do a "thingy". He just verbally assaulted his opponent.

Not sure how that's any more sportsmanlike.

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Did Cowherd talked about Curry chewing his mouthpieces constantly? Just curious.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who listens to Cowherd when it comes to basketball?

The guy plays to proffesional workplace fans from major cities.

He talks more about ratings then he does actually sports.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Trust me when I say this...Cowherd is the worst guy on ESPN or in sports journalism.

He's the biggest troll there is, and actually he's wrong. Lebron does have a thing he does after a shot. It's the bow down chest pump gesture. Lets not forget that Lebron has the chalk toss and all the silly gestures. People that think he doesn't do that for TV are stupid.

But it doesn't matter, Cowherd is a front runner big media city guy. He's never going to like Harden or the Rockets until they win. He front runs, whoever is expected to win thats who will win and the loser is the worst thing in the world to him.

12. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Cowherd is a joke. He's too busy drooling over anything LeBron does to have any knowledge of anything else in the NBA.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Who cares

14. bmd

bmd Member

Just letting people know what the chatter is coming from the national media.

Don't pretend like you wouldn't like your favorite team getting some love on TV.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Captainjackass and he have a lot in common.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

since i'm not in the states right now, i actually appreciate the quotes from the media idiots being posted

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Maybe it would be better if he started stomping around and chewed on his mouthpiece? LOL

One of the criticisms of Harden by people was that he isn't flashy enough.

18. brooksstephens

Colin Cowherd... Colin Cowherd is the guy who says he doesn't believe in John Wall as a player nor a leader because John Wall's father died when Wall was 8 years old.

That's what you need to know about Colin Cowherd.

19. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

You literally have to listen to this clown talk about the rockets on his show. The hate is unreal. It's like harden banged his wife or something. Its so bad its almost unprofesional even for a guy that's labeled as an against the grain talking head.

20. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

He legitimately has near mental breakdowns talking about them