1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hi Rockets fans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by clippy, May 18, 2015.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Welcome back, Clippy! Do you still regularly bet on basketball?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Warriors fun are truly a bunch of bandwagon Laker fans...

3. clippy

clippy Member

I am out of money Kwame!

4. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

The Clips have a fantastic big three but it's sad how many plays there were in game 7 where Blake let a Rockets player walk right by him to the hoop. He didn't play like that at the beginning of the series, and it's clear that he was gassed.

It's not that hard to get young role players cheaply, but the Clips need to devote effort to developing them. Danny Green, Chandler Parsons, Demarre Carroll, Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green -- these are all players that started off their careers indistinguishable from scrubs. Yet all were nurtured into good pros.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It must be a true sign that coach/GM is an impossible combo. So many in that dual role just start signing familiar players who worked well for them before.

So Rivers happily gets Big Baby (BOS) and even Turkoglu (ORL) to help strengthen the bench when they are both garbage. Even his own son was a reach but at least he contributed in the playoffs.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

clippy has always been a good poster here (other than his insistence on comparing Paul to Harden in terms of flopping).

Now, while it is true that the Rockets should be given a lot of credit for their comeback in Game 6, you can't have that kind of comeback without the other team helping out with some big time choke job. Credit to where credit's due, thanks for the Clippers' generosity. :)

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Are you going to return to ClutchFans as a regular poster? I would hope so. It was always good having you on here.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks - - and good luck moving forward.

9. clippy

clippy Member

Yes, I admit this is a terrible comparison. Harden flops like 10x more than Paul and is truly a master at the craft. :)

10. clippy

clippy Member

Nah, just here to wish you guys luck. I'll root for you unless you meet LeBron in the Finals. Have to root for him because nothing pisses off Kobe Nation more than LeBron racking up rings. Although the WCF winner should win the title.

Speaking of Kobe Nation, does cultbug still post here?

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Clips were on my top list for a ring this season too. I had us, Spurs, or Clippers going into the season.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

You will be surprised how many folks here in San Diego rooting for the Rockets.
    You are in Fullerton, right? Do you know Harden went to Cerritos high or Norwalk high? So one more reason ... Good to convert fans by destroying their teams ... I kid

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Thanks for the great series and the kind words.

I saw a recent stat that the Clips' starters played the highest fraction of minutes of any playoff team in years. They were definitely worn out and the depth was the #1 issue.

Chris Paul is too great to keep failing like this, I hope he gets some help.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hate the Clippers, but I'll always consider you a comrade for hating Kobe. :grin:

15. old_eggplant

old_eggplant Member

Totally agree with your opinion. The root of the problem is the Doc's judgement on players. This reflects in his team building strategy and on court tactics. Unfortunately, there is little chances to change even in this summer. No draft pick, no cap room. I really feel bad for CP3. The only hope is Griffin can improve his defense next season just like Harder did this season.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, they did beat the Spurs and CP3 was unbelievable in that series. Please give some credit to the Rockets too. Just a little. Coming into the series, we did not know how we could pull this one off. But looks like McHale actually saw something we didn't see and got us over the Clippers. It was incredible.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I just wonder if the style of play the Clippers play is going to take them over the top. Is DJordan worth the money he will command from the team when the team is so desperate to fill the bench and the wing positions. The Houston front court won us this series in the end because our big men played like Real Big Men should. That's definitely thanks to Mchale and Hakeem. The dunk highlights are great from the Clippers but if that's just the goal then the team is doomed.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice OP. I think Griffin, CP, and Jordan all played a great series. Griffin has little tweaks that he can make to be a crunch time player, but he's come so far, and showed how good he really is. The Clippers just need a tweak to their supporting cast.

I like Doc Rivers a lot. I don't think anyone should say Blake or CP choked. The loss wasn't on them.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

RE SPEC

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member