1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Harden will be shutdown by Klay. So we need other guys to step up. Hopefully Ariza can shutdown Chef Curry.

2. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

stop listening to that media bull****... no one player can shut down harden... it takes a TEAM to do that... it helps having defensive anchors like chandler, deandre jordan and bogut, but draymon, klay, and iggy arent too shabby either

1 person likes this.
  3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

regular season..regular season..regular season.. Thats all im hearing.
    What month are we in?

4. J Hard

J Hard Member

First Western Conference Finals thread in nearly 20 years. I gota get up in here!

Rockets in 6. Harden will show Curry whose the true MVP and will Klayface whose the best 2 guard in the NBA. The Dark Beard Rises.

5. UnderDawg

UnderDawg Member

Umm..Both iguodala and Lee started on a 51 win team last season and Livingston was starting for the nets...barbos can still score and speights/Ezel I is better than capella. WARRIORS have a rock solid bench dunno what homer glasses you're looking through

6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Turn uppppp

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't say Warriors in 5 as disrespecting the Rockets. I just think Golden State is a superior team. They won 67 games for God's sake. They've lost only 3 times at home all season. They were 28-13 on the road in the regular season and are 4-1 in the playoffs(including that 20-point comeback in the 4th quarter of Game 3 at New Orleans).

Can the Rockets beat the Warriors? Sure, but so many things have to go right in at least 4 games for that to happen. I don't know if that can happen in this series. It did against the Clippers for 3 games(well, at least 3 out of 4 quarters of Game 6), but the Warriors are a better team than LA, particularly defensively.

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

anyone else feel like the Rockets offense hasn't totally clicked yet in the playoffs? We have yet to have a good where everyone was turning on all cylinders and yeah, that has something to do with the better competition but still...Harden has been relatively quiet in both series. Howard has been consistent and the role players (Ariza, Smith, Brewer) who need to step up have been off and on. I hope we can have some big games where every shot is falling (and the Rockets have gotten a lot of open looks, just seems like they can go on a clank fest).

I pray we see playoff Harden. That guy, hasn't yet shown up (I'm talking MVP Harden--the guy who can dominate and take over)

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol.

That is all.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think we're seeing playoff Harden. He seems to naturally fall into a facilitator role.

Seems like it's working, at least.

11. PauloRockets

PauloRockets Member

GO ROCKETSSSSSSSSSS

I BELIEVE

1 person likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

There is really only one key. Hands must be up and shots challenged. It all comes down to this. We have the length. It can be done.

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Harden has to go to another level. This is his chance to shine and become a legend. Playoff D12 will have to continue to be a beast in the paint. Ariza can NOT go cold. PERIOD. Terry has to find some youth and hit wide open 3's. Jones and Smith have to combine to be a serviceable and consistent 4 and finally Brewer has to shine. This is a lot. Can they do it.? Sure. But man the warriors look good. WOW. Curry is just a shooting machine. Someone has to D him up. I don't know who we have that can do that. That dudes shot if quicker than a hiccup.

But,, what team on that list WON despite the point differential. Thats right. We lost game one and then bent the lakes over a table for four straight.

1 person likes this.
  14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

but thats not his role. He's supposed to dominate with big shots, take it to the hole when the offense stagnates and lift the team on his shoulders. Facilitator Harden is no better than Chris Paul. He's better than that.

15. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

didn't you watch the Clippers JJ Redick shut him down. and his defense is ****.

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

Hopefully Houston can put another L on the right column like they did to LA in 86.

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

True, but we can't discount the "issues" the Warriors have to deal with against this Rockets team. It's been overstated enough so I won't reiterate, because I'm sure you know them.

The Warriors probably aren't as "superior" to the Rockets as all the media indicators are suggesting.

The thing that will stop the Rockets in my opinion is the good ol "shoot yourself in the foot". This unfortunately needs to be minimal. We've been discussing this ad nauseum for the past 2 rounds and it still happens in every game more or less.

Ariza and Terry need to hit their shots. Terry hits those like lay ups....this is the series to start hitting them like layups...and I have faith Terry can do it.

If the Rockets force the Warriors primarily into a jumpshooting team (no easy layups or cuts), the Warriors will not stay hot forever.

18. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

how to beat the Warriors?

Double team Curry 75% of the time (Terry & Harden)
    Put Ariza on Clay (he can guard him 1 on 1)
    Let Howard defend the paint (he can take on Bogut by himself no problem, plus defend any drives)
    And have JSMITH provide weak side help guarding the paint and covering the remaining open guy.

I think you live with Harrison Barnes beating you if thats what it takes. Also, get Curry and Thompson out of a rhythm and the team is left scrambling

1 person likes this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Did you not watch how JJ Reddick forced Harden into Deandre Jordan? JJ redick can't guard Harden 1v1 with no one else on the court. The Clippers as a team guarded Harden, not just Reddick.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Media makes it seem like it would take a miracle for anyone to beat the Warriors. It's the warriors not the 95-96 bulls. They most definitely can be beat and the rockets will prove that.