1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our last game against the Warriors...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kevC, May 18, 2015.

1. kevC

kevC Member

...was January 21st. Almost four months ago. That is an eternity in the NBA. We are a vastly different team since then. Here are the four starting line-ups against the Warriors this year:

11-8-2014 98-87 Loss:
    Canaan
    Harden
    Ariza
    Papanikolau
    Black

12-10-2014 105-93 Loss:
    Beverley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Motiejunas
    Black

1-17-2015 131-106 Loss:
    Beverley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Motiejunas
    Howard

1-21-2015 126-113 Loss:
    Beverley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Motiejunas
    Howard

The last two games were the first month of acquiring Brewer and Smith who were still very much being integrated and Howard was playing hurt and was not the superman he is right now.

I am not necessarily saying we are good enough to beat the Warriors right now but it is lazy to just say Rockets have no chance because they got swept in the regular season like the media is doing. This is a much improved Rockets team than four months ago with their superstars playing their best and role players stepping up.

1 person likes this.
  2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Let the media think we have no chance. This playoffs I've loved the "world against us" idea.

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I agree, I'm really starting to love this "Houston vs World" thing. Let the hate keep coming.

4. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Amazing post bro!! :grin::cool:

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They never played against playoff Dwight.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bäumer

Bäumer Member

Or healthy Dwight. He still wasn't himself in those games in January. I really wish we had Beverley for this series though.

7. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

pretty interesting to look back, particularly that first game- two of those guys are no longer here, and a third has been hurt, and now rarely plays.

8. dharocks

dharocks Member

I think this is the one series where losing Bev is really going to hurt (granted I'm dubious as to whether he was healthy at all this season)

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That's what we all thought about the Clippers series, too.

10. leroy

leroy Member

Good post. Interesting to look back at that. I'm sure many haven't considered the fact that Ariza and Harden are the only 2 to start all 4 games. That and the 2 that Howard did play, he was not at all healthy. He's the difference in this series.

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Like what the heck could have possibly happened to his hands?

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Wasn't Dwight on a solid minutes cap (18 minutes?) during the games in January?

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

It's a make or miss league.

Which team, and more to the point, which role players, will make their 3's at or above their season averages.

This factors in how the players are performing offensively, and how well the other team is defending...

14. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Nah, not at that time...This was well before we shut him down for the second time. He played regular minutes, but had zero lift and looked nothing like the guy we have watched in the Playoffs

1 person likes this.
  15. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

You guys forgetting that we didn't have T. Jones also for the games and Joey Dorsey was getting minutes as backup...we have Capella now that should prevent very easy layups.

As long as we stop the fast breaks, we should be good. We didn't do it in the first 4 games with LA Clippers. Just need to get back on defense. If they make crazy shots than we live with them but no easy layups or wide open 3's on break.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

5 star thread.

First two games were Harden and Ariza vs GSWs

No brewer, smith and Dwight integrated and or healthy/in rhythm.

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

We can't kid ourselves. This will be a tough series. Curry gets his shot off so quick that you can't give him an inch. When was the last time he actually went in to a shooting slump? Dude just seems like a machine. Terry and Prigs have show some serious heart and desire to compete. Prigs with his two steals yesterday earned my respect. He just wants to win and could give two *****s about his stats. I do wish we had more offense at the point. I think you have to make curry work to have a chance.

I don't think the Rockets will come out flat against GSW. I don't know what was in their heads for the clips game 1 or 3,4 for that matter. But I would like to think they learned their lesson.

I am ok if the Rox come out, play their ass off and simply lose. The Warriors are damn good. But, all this sweep talk. Come on. We are one of the final four teams. ESPN can sweep my ***** crumbs.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Excellent point on TJ. We know the further west TJ goes, the more likely he is to curb stomp anyone in his way.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No one is saying this series will be easy. However, it will NOT be a cake walk like so many "experts" are saying. The Rockets are being dismissed as if they were a jr hi JV team.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Plus d12 was playing on 1 leg