1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, May 17, 2015.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Was in the lower bowls and I have to say TC was rocking tonight! In the 4th quarter, pretty much everyone was standing up the entire 4th quarter! I think we definitely helped propel the players to a wire to wire series clinching win and complete the 1-3 comeback.

clutch city 2.0

2 people like this.
  2. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Not even the weather kept the fans away. We were all there with one goal, to cheer our Rockets ... I think it was pretty full at tip-off too. It was a great atmosphere, I love Rockets playoff games!

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Great thread.

I hope this KILLS the stupid assertion that the city will not show up in the playoffs.

They may not understand basketball that well and they may not be able to string together an MVP chant, but they sure as hell will cheer for whoever represents the H.

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/riH-xZ4uvTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_rXtqjgKHuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

TBH, it's because the Rockets put a disclaimer on the screen to be quiet when our players shoot ft's. So half of the arena wants to chant MVP but half the arena tries to quiet the crowd. Eventually the MVP chant dies pretty quickly and everyone is quiet for the free throw.

Here is a photo of TC with the confetti. This is also about 2-3 minutes after the game and everybody was still there cheering

[​IMG]

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It felt like a snow globe in there.

What impressed me the most is that when LAC went on a spurt, we got loud. We stood up and started cheering and encouraging them to make a play. In the past, when a road team when on a spurt, it would kill the crowd. Usually, the players have to get the crowd back. This time we reciprocated and got them back in the game. For the first time ever, we were an actual 6th man this afternoon. Are we the perfect crowd? Not exactly, but this was better by leaps and bounds. I wish we had this in the regular season. But I will take this in the playoffs.

2 people like this.
  7. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Thanks ron, wished I was there... Brings me close.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Jeff Van Gundy commented on the crowd during the game. I'm paraphrasing here, but he said that in the playoffs, Toyota Center fans show up. In the regular season, the crowds are okay. But in the playoffs, they present a true home-court advantage.

The fact is, and has always been, that Houston fans just don't get terribly excited about regular-season play. They want playoff wins.

1 person likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I love JVG

But I don't remember the snow globe that Kam is talking about.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Sounds embellished, but when I first put on the game I had it on mute, because I was busy with phone calls and other things. And I could still "sense" and see that it was A LOUD crowd.

It didnt look like a bunch of players in a neutral setting just running back and forth, could "FEEL" that there was a supportive ROCKING crowd injecting some energy onto the court.

Thank you, Based TC!

11. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Best game I ever been to. Was sitting by the rowdies and the entire section was basically standing the whole game. When we were struggling late in the 4th when the clippers were looking to make a comeback the crowd picked the team up! Thank you Spurs.

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Can confirm. I sat in the Rowdies section with my face painted and I stood the entire time. We literally chanted on both ends of the court the entire time. Insane crowd. Voice is gone. Our crowd really helped the team tonight. From the outset, the Clippers just couldn't get any rhythm, and when there were turnovers or the tide was turning against the Rockets, the crowd brought them back into it.

13. PJ86

PJ86 Member

It really rocked and up there with the 2008 winning streak, 2009 game 6 vs. Blazers and Yao vs. Shaq battle in 2003.

14. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Game 7 was the first time this postseason that the crowd was heavily involved for the entirety of the game, and was also the first time we didn't have any slumps in scoring (didn't put up less than 28 points in any quarter).

The crowd was definitely a factor last night, hope we can carry it through to the WCF.

15. tenguin

tenguin Member

Usually I'm the loud guy in my section, but you couldn't hear me or the whistles yesterday. Some guy behind me pushed me to chant for sure bc he started every defense chant. If we can do that the rest of the playoffs, it gives us a chance for sure.

LETS WIN BABY!!!

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For those of you that didn't watch the game on TV, there were actual moments when you couldn't tell that whistle had blown for a foul.

Also, Clutch revving his Harley while JVG, MJax and Breen were talking right before the game was absolutely hilarious.

Anyone could see that the atmosphere was electric

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Sounded great on TV. Van Gundy gave the Houston playoff crowd some props.

18. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I must say, I absolutely loved (and at the same time hated, but more so loved) that it was so loud in there, that I had trouble hearing JVG, Breen & MJax. Huge props to the Toyota Center crowd!! That's a true 6th man!

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When you went up to the bathroom the confetti started getting to us. That's when it felt like a snow globe lol. I saved a few pieces and gonna make a little frame with my ticket.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Major props to everyone who was there. Crowd was electric.

What's crazy is that there were 3 or 4 three point attempts where if the shot had fallen the crowd would have just erupted, but all were missed.