1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/17/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2015.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9782557#post9782557

Can't remember who posted it first. sorry whoever.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eAAAp5jzYUZ/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

he had his chance to join us in '13. could of had harden-dwight-CP3

but ill take ariza :grin::grin::grin:

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

<iframe src='http://streamable.com/e/iiqq' width='560' height='312' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Game 7 to the Hawks Wizards series was supposed to be tomorrow, but the Hawks closed it out in 6.

Eastern Conference schedule was already set.

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

If i was going to critique the Clips roster, its that they have too many flash in the pan, offense only players.

Crawford, Reddick, and Austin are all okay, but do basically the same thing. 2-guards who can score, but are defensive liabilities and dont contribute anything else (no rebounds, steals, assists, etc.).

The issue with their team is not scoring, but defense, rebounding, and having guys who can score at the right moment of big games. If I were them I'd look to move one of those guys to get a solid SF who can defend...

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

No idea.

Just more weird NBA scheduling. Poor job.

Between the no-game Thursday a week or so ago...

Cavs/Hawks getting 4 days off between end-of-last-series and start-of-ECF...

Clippers/Rockets went every other day. Then had two days off between game six and seven. Why wasn't game seven yesterday? Then you'd have two days off between end-of-series and start-of-WCF. Instead, one day off and flying either tonight or tomorrow to California. Game one Tuesday night.

7. Marteen

Marteen Member

Rockets crashed the play-offs. Thank you, God. I don't think I've prayed for anything like I did for the Rockets when I got on my knees last night.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Love this team. They've proved me wrong all year and they keep proving everyone wrong in the playoffs. I think Golden State is the best team in the NBA, but...Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!

9. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

WHAT!?!? Dude is the dirtiest player on the dirtiest team. smfh

Hate him more than Dirk and just as much as Parsons

10. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

honestly after the way we looked during game 1 against the Clips after the long break, I'm kind of glad there's a short break. Keep the momentum rolling

11. Flop

Flop Member

I thought we took a huge hit once we lost D-Mo and another hit when we lost Beverley, but Josh Smith has REALLY stepped up as well as Prigioni.

I still wish we had Beverley, because he is by far our best chance to guard Curry. You can't do what we did to CP3 and go under screens on Curry. And the Warriors set tough screens for him with their bigs all game.

As for D-Mo, he would have given us a huge advantage in the post because they can't guard him with the undersized Green and Avi Lee. Green is pesky and he will bother Josh. I don't know where we will go to score against them if Klay plays his defense against Harden.

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Austin Rivers will be cooking tonight at home.......or should I say at Daddy's house.

13. MustangPride73

Game 7 of the east would have been tomorrow, that's why the west starts first.

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That has to be the greatest 3-1 comeback ever. Two games where we got crushed.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

anyone know when and how to get game 3 or 4 tickets for this series?

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hahahahaha
    Look guys, I'm cooking! I'm cooking!!
    [​IMG]

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Nba wants to make sure kyrie is ready to go for the cavs.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

For me, the series turned before the start of the 4th quarter in Game 6 when Trevor Ariza said in the huddle, "We're going to win a championship, but we have to win this game first."

That speech gave them the fortitude and determination to rally. When they got that game, they knew they could overcome any obstacles in their way.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thanks GM Doc!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In talking to Clipper players after this one, one word keeps coming up-- &quot;exhaustion.&quot; Lack of depth played a bigger role than they let on</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/600085904359723008">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's neck-and-neck with the 1995 series. Don't forget the Rockets got smoked in the first 2 games at Phoenix, had a flu-ridden Clyde Drexler who almost didn't play going for them in Game 5, and had to win Game 7 on the road which hadn't been done by any team in 13 years at that point.

The reason I'd rank this comeback right up with that one is not so much the horrible losses in Games 3 and 4, but that 19-point comeback in Game 6. I still can't believe they pulled that one off.