1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most biased announcers ever ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiketheRocket, May 15, 2015.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

haven't you heard? Barkley is a Rockets homer now.:eek:

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You could tell Barry's voice was pissed during the comeback. And then after the game when they showed their faces, it removed all doubt that he was REALLY unhappy. What a shame for national broadcast.

I don't like to mute the sound because I like to hear the crowd. Muting a ball game takes so much away from the experience. That's why bad commentating just pisses me off royally. I wish there's a way to mute the commentators without muting the ambiance.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Extra salty, but yes.....very tasty.

4. -Ross-

-Ross- New Member

My favorite part was when Mike Tirico and Jon Barry got so disappointed in the 4th quarter that they pretty much stopped talking. That was the best part of last night's broadcast. They were swinging from the Clippers junk all night until they realized their story book ending was not happening. Like others have said, Tirico came around but it shouldn't come to having to "come around". The commentators need to be neutral. Barry is absolutely ridiculous.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I watched the video of the come back that clutch posted, the entire video all you heard from Barry was

"That had to be a walk right?" (regarding brewer)
    "Good effort by Deandre Jordan to save the loose ball but this is why you don't save it under the opponents rim"
    "hehehehe (in sarcastic disbelief type of laughter) "

That's literally all I heard him say the entire time. What's wrong with this douchebag!

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

He did give us credit, he simply had to, don't let his commentary of 80% of the game ruin the times he did speak of us doing well, liking Jones, how well we defended etc. I also believe if we had Hubie last night, it might have been worse because he would've just talked over our run with all the stats nonsense to the point where Tirico could not even get excited. Jon Barry was the worst on that Brewer lay-up where he said he travelled. Tirico did not think so but said that Doc Rivers agreed with him.

I honestly think it's better if there are just television network commentators, so no colour commentary of so called 'experts'. They do this with football in my country, so a single commentator, and it works fine. Harlan, Tirico, Mike Breen, Anderson and Dick Stockton are all great imo. The reason they are dragged down is because of JVG, Hubie, Jon Barry, Mark Jackson, Reggie Miller etc.

The only good colour commentators are Steve Smith, Webber & Grant Hill though Webber is annoying me as well lately with just too much talk while Steve & Grant are just awfully quiet. It seems that there's no quiet second during a game where guys just shut up and say maybe one or two words. It's all about how many random words they can throw out there. When a game lasts for 3 hours, that gets freaking annoying. I would actually not talk on the count of saving my voice.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

HaHa, this is very true. Also both look ugly, Barry looks like a person on drugs too.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Tirico has always commented fairly. If there's something to get excited about, he'll pump it up. The Clippers were owning us in the third, we owned the fourth and he did a great job both quarters. Maybe I'm missing the rockets hate. Jon Barry, on the other hand, can suck it.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

He wants us to lose when he says we are going to win. Last time when Barkely predicted us to win was the rockets vs Jazz in 2008, we ended in a loss. Barkely already predicted the Mavs to win this year, then we won.

10. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I was really annoyed by Barry's reaction to the TJ behind-the-back move. If he had responded to Griffin's no-look bucket in the same fashion, it might have been tolerable.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol this. Griffin's play was amazaing but for TJ its, "this isn't the time for glob-trotter moves" or something like that. What a pos. I hope he had a lot of money on the Clippers that game.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

- Jon "****ing" Barry
    - Hubie "**********ing" Brown
    - Reggie "********ing" Miller

13. Buck Turgidson

I just straight-up do not understand the hate for Hubie Brown.

14. bballjunkie

bballjunkie Member

Same here. I wish I could have heard Gene Peterson on the radio calling that one.

15. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

hahaha so true

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I used to like Hubie. He was very knowledgeable in analyzing plays and game plans.

He's got progressively senile in recent years. And as a Rockets fan, somehow he always assumes the Rockets to be on the wrong when there's a questionable call. But in general, I don't think he is a Rockets hater like Jon Barry and Reggie Miller are.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Forget about the bias. Barry and Miller are just plain bad.

This says a lot about ESPN management. How can you tolerate such unprofessional people in your company? Don't they have quality control? I mean, look at the NFL broadcasting. They have good knowledgeable analysts. If someone is bad, he will be quickly yanked.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

Jesus yall sound like a bunch of whiny b!tches... Good grief. Barry was a little annoying but saying things like tirico was pulling for the clips or only started talking about the rockets late in the game is nothing but selective hearing.

Why are so many fans obsessed w playing the victim?? It's annoying.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

Are people really hating on Miller???? Wtf is that all about??? Dude is one of the most unbiased and truthful commentators in the business. The dude straight up calls it like he sees it, especially on controversial calls, and is always quick to man up if he calls something one way and replay shows the opposite. On top of that I've never heard him pick noticeable favorites while commentating.

Just goes to show you how differently folks hear things. Rest assured that more often than not if you are perceiving a distinct commentating bias the bias more than likely lays within yourself.

Except for shaq... That dude lets everyone know he hates Dwight.

20. txn

txn Member

Funny that we used to have this stupid Berry dude on our team back then