1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Confessions of a superstitious rockets fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, May 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I LOVE IT!!!!! REP!!!!!

2. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

The only pattern I can find where we win is the one where I actually BELIEVE.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can only say that every time went to a Clippers game against the Rockets at Staples Center, the Rockets lost, even back in the days when the Clippers sucked.

4. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Also, I just realized the comeback happened as I took off my James Harden jersey and got comfortable in bed to finish watching the game.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Last two games I've worn a random jersey with "13" on it and red and black christmas socks. Will wear again for 3rd time on Sunday.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I must confess as well, I watch a movie while they are playing and tape the game. I'm too over the top when watching them and can't sleep afterwards as if I was getting a game check. I delete every game they lose. As a result, I have all of the Dallas and LA victories taped. My phone sends me the scores quarterly and close game alert in the 4th.

I woke up at 2:30 am to watch the game. Too much down time watching live with the 60,000 commercials shown.

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

In the Dallas series, every time I wore my Rockets gear on gameday, the Rockets won (and the one time I didn't, they lost).

This round, whenever I wore my Rockets getup, they lost. And whenever I didn't wear it, they won. You're damn sure I ain't gonna wear it for Game 7.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I used to think people who did things like this were just not that smart, but I'm starting to think it's an ego thing. People don't like situations where they don't have control so they make up things to pretend they do.

Oh, I almost forgot. I guarantee the Rockets will win game 7, and nobody will suffer a season ending injury.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

My superstition is silly, but when I change certain things it all goes right. In the Dallas series I watched every Game (except Game 4) at home, in Rockets red, drinking out of my Rockets mug, waving around a Rockets towel from a game a couple years ago.

They won each of those games.

Against Clippers it didn't work, I missed Games 2 (mostly, saw end of 3rd on) & 3, and then it didnt work again for Game 4, so I took down all my Rockets FB stuff, haven't worn the shirt since, drank from the mug or used the towel. We won Games 5 and 6!

Game 3 (end) and 6 we were down double digits and I couldn't take it, so I turned off the volume both times, went upstairs, followed on Clutchfans and Gamecast for about 10min. Each time Houston made a big comeback.

Its a silly thing to believe and/or think is real... but I've noticed it, and I know the tools to use for Sunday, lol.

Also, as good superstitious vibes for yesterday, I watched G6 vs Knicks 94 earlier in the day. Felt right.

10. Dream McLandry

In all 3 wins this series, I've worn my Hakeem jersey with no undershirt (home alone - I wouldn't go out in public like that because well.. it's a little tight fitting lol). I was out at a concert last night and watching the game on my phone. My jersey was on under my Adidas warm-up jacket but I had an undershirt on as well.. I made it home right as we were down 19 and removed the extra layers so I just had Dream's jersey on (and some shorts) and BOOM! WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!

Needless to say, Game 7 will be watched alone, wearing the jersey of the Greatest Rocket of all time. Clutch City!!

11. bberge

bberge Member

i've become superstitious about approaching this series with no hope whatsoever, but now I'm in a bind.

Now having no hope about game 7 is a nod toward the superstition and thus a form of hope. It's an inescapable paradox.

Did I mention the rockets never lose when I'm trapped in an inescapable paradox?

1 person likes this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

lol...

13. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. DCballer

DCballer Member

I too have been slightly superstitious. I have worn my 71-72 Rockets throw back t-shirt for the past 2 games, and it will be worn again on Sunday, and you better believe its hasn't been washed. :)

15. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Well I started playing candy crush during the 2nd qtr when we made our run..... Then I stop cause I couldn't concentrate on the game and the clips made the mini run to end the qtr....... I decided I needed to give the team my full attention and watch and the clips went up by 19..... I then figured it out.... It was the power of the crush so I started playing at he last 4 mins of the 3rd and TJones was inserted and started balling..... Needless to say I used up just about all my candy crush lives I had saved up..... But it was worth it cause it WAS the deciding factor in this rocket win......

No thx needed as I feel I was only doing my job for this team.......

16. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Btw I love this thread!!!! Props to the OP

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I understand, OP.

18. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i think i already mention in one of the threads that i had a dream about the rockets making it to the finals against cleveland. So im fairly confident going into this series. then 3-1 happened and suddenly im no longer sure and started promising i will quit drinking soda for a year if Rocket wins or i will live a healthier lifestyle. its like new years resolution all over again during play-offs.

19. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I haven't taken a bath since the playoffs started.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I have not showered since 1993.