1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most biased announcers ever ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiketheRocket, May 15, 2015.

1. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Member

What the **** happened to Jon Barry??? Dude has no shame.

2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. Well Barry got something shoved in his c*** washer in quarter 4. Loved it.

3. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

It was amazingly great to hear Job Barry get silenced along with the Clippers fans as the Rockets stunned the Clippers with one hell of a comeback!

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I never put the game on mute, but I did last night.

5. Lando

Lando Member

It truly was awful. He got hyped every time th clippers touched the ball. With JJ it was " Does anybody in the league hustle the way JJ does?" "Chris Paul is so
    Clutch I don't even think he knows how much" Harden busts a 3 & it's "Harden with a 3"

It was pretty #%€¥ing annoying

6. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I noticed this too. Seemed like they were ****ting on the Rockets at every opportunity and hyping the Clippers after every good play.

Both teams are damn good. Both teams have star power. Other than the Boston/NY/LA media bias I don't understand why they would be on the Clippers jock.

7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Who cares? We won the game ... so, I don't care at all. :grin:

8. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

I honestly didn't notice during the come back because was so amped up cheering, but watching that replay of the comeback, I was disappointed in Jon berry.

Come on man, you're announcing the greatest elimination game comeback in NBA history, and you have nothing to say. Only thing is just a weak little giggle. I hope one of his boss's show him that tape and gets his balls busted.

Cheering for the clippers is one thing, but he let his bias prevent him from what could have been a legendary game call.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He'll always be Barry the b*stard to me. I called him much worse last night. ESPN should fire the chump. Of course, if they fired Barry, they'd have to fire half their people, because they suck just as hard. The problem isn't Barry. The problem is a "sports network" that allows this behavior. ESPN is a joke.

10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

He's even worse if you hear him call a Warriors game. He was ****ting all over the Griz.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, it was very awful and the bias was very noticeable. He can go cry with the rest of the Clippers Sunday afternoon. If Brent is anything like his brother, no wonder his wife ****ed Frenchie.

1 person likes this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

He's just a hater .

13. GIGO

GIGO Member

That's what I did as soon as John Barry opened his mouth in the beginning. When things turned around in the 4th q, I was so excited and had to turn the volume on.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

You must have never heard Cylde call a game.

15. hakeemthagreat

ESPN were trying to build there storyline up for Blake Griffin "taking the next step" before the game started. Jalen Rose didn't give the Rockets any credit at halftime. It was all Blake Griffin and how wonderful Blake Griffin is too watch. Anything Rocket related had to do with Dwight's stupid fouls (which he only had 2 fouls at halftime:rolleyes:) or Harden not getting it done (but he had just as many pts as Blake at halftime). Overall, ESPN is piece of chit network that plays into storylines more than the actual games. I miss the local broadcast with Worrell, Bull & Clyde

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Brent is actually a good announcer IMO. Jon is so bad though. I honestly don't know why he doesn't like the Rockets. Wasn't his time here good for him?

17. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Rookie

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

Thought I was listening to Clipper announcers at first. LOL

19. ribbit

ribbit Member

I don't mind listening to Barry, Miller, or they can even throw in Barkley there, as long as Rockets win game 7. I like my champagne with a drop of tear from each one of them.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Boy look at Adande's face after the game, looks just like sad puppy face Bob Costas back in 94.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]