1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Confessions of a superstitious rockets fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, May 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It seems like every time I turn on the TV during this series, the rockets start stinking it up. Because of my love for the rockets, I have not watched or recorded the last two games. I've only watched the play by play on various sport sites. So far it has worked.

For game 7, I will probably do the same even though it kills me not to watch them.

5 people like this.
  2. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

That's unfortunate because that final quarter was an historical moment for this franchise. Maybe catch the replays?

Everyone should see that quarter before game 7, especially if anyone is thinking about going to the game

3. Badrose

Badrose Member

Personally, I stopped reading the game thread and that's the point where we made the run. Didn't touch the PC anymore, just watched the tv only (I was lucky it was live on Sky Sports), even during U.S. commercial breaks (where here we get live feed from inside the arena and so a lot of happy LA fans dancing and kissing...)

4. Happy187

Happy187 Member

I started to play candy crush while watching when we got down by 20 then the Rockets started coming back, so to keep up the luck I kept playing until the game was safe. When I stopped playing Chris Paul made that last 3.

I am really happy it's coming back to Houston for game 7!

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I have literally 5 superstitions going on right now. It's crazy and I won't break them. One includes a watch party and group of 5. I won't stop mine either. So I feel y'all but you def have to watch that 4 th quarter even if it's after game 7

6. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

LOL

I could not do it. I have to watch!

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I put my volume on 29, but what changed the complexion of the game was me lying on my couch on my elbow for the entire fourth. Arm was numb at the end, but worth it.

8. kunene

kunene Member

I swear I was 10/10 on the Rockets getting a stop on defense when I said "Get a stop here, please" when the Clippers were bringing up the ball. I said it about 6 times in the game thread and it worked there too lol.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Watched Game 1. Lost.
    Watched Game 2. Won.
    Watched Game 3. Lost.
    Watched Game 4. Lost.
    Did not watch g5. Won.
    Watched Game 6. Won.
    Game 7... ???

Someone help me find the pattern to propel the Rockets to victory here in Game 7.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Whatever workx man. Not against superstitition. I would like to keep it simple.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The credit for this won goes to me. Last year during the playoffs, my nerves were really bad. My wife and daughter were sleep so I lit my cigar in the living room instead of going outside, and I smoked while watching the game. Troy Daniels drained a big three that game and the Rockets won.

Three minutes into the the fourth tonight I lit up indoors again. The rest is history.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Holy crap man. I have had very weird happenings also.

* Watched all of game 1- lost.
    * Watched first half of game 2, turned off, followed a gamecast, started playing halo to ease pain with game in background- won
    * Watched all of game 3- cried
    * Watched all of game 4- cried harder
    * Didnt watch game 5 purposefully- won
    * Didnt watch first half of game 6 purposefully, we played composed and were only down only 2, turned the game on and followed in the 3rd intently, started getting blown out, turn halo on with the rockets in the background, end up with a 1/15 kd ratio cause I tuned back into one of the greatest comebacks from brewer and smoove.
    * Game 7: the game will be on in the background and I will be playing halo the whole damn time, until its time to celebrate.

RED NATION STAND UP!!!!

13. baubo

baubo Member

The pattern is that you're not important enough to sway basketball games. Whether I drink coke or water during the game, however, has changed the Rockets entire fortune.

Gonna continue go coke for game 7.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I used to think I had to watch these early round road games by myself.

well I did,

Game 3 watched by myself BLOWOUT loss, but watched to the end with no one whining around me
    Game 4 watched by myself BLOWOUT loss worst loss since Choke City, but watched to the end w/no whining around me
    Game 6 watched by myself Historical NBA CLUTCH CITY Comeback win for the ages

Someone help me find the pattern in this for next year's early rounds.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I stayed off of forums and twitter for the past two games. Going to do the same for Sunday.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Got out the GARM and shut off my computer too.
    I then got back online but only on face book

Rocket River
    Staying the frick out the GARM!

17. Zbed

Zbed Member

It seems the Rockets play better when I stand up and watch so looks like ills be standing for 4 hours during game 7

18. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

This is the most important thread in the GARM today. Everyone has to collectively hold their **** together for game 7.

1 person likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Superstition is not real.

That being said the Rockets are done, they can't win game 7.

DD

1 person likes this.
  20. Amir's Johnson

I haven't clipped my nails this series.