1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ban all bandwagon fans from Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by King of 40 Acres, May 13, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People actually suggest that? That makes me ashamed to be a fan of the same team.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

These guys have taken over for the lin fans as comic relief on the board

3. baubo

baubo Member

I honestly can’t come to this board unless we win because of the negativity. It’s like I’m already not depressed enough from the loss itself, I even have to deal with “fans” calling for everyone’s heads and how we’re doomed for eternal failure. You’d think fans would be happier when the team went from missing the playoffs to 2nd round.

4. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Why do people have to be so self-righteous and feel better than other fans and make a whole statement about it? Tell me you were not disgusted by this team quiting TWO games in a row (and last 2 minutes of game 1) and not bringing the effort, except for one half in game 2? Tell me you were okay with us rolling over, coaches not adjusting, Harden looking for fouls instead of just playing the game, Howard for letting himself to mentally check out?

We asked for a team to bring effort, that is the least you can expect from professional athletes who make millions. So they did tonight and we blew them out, so yes we should be happy, but that's it. It's not like this win negates everything preceding it. McHale made good adjustments, but it took him 3 games to do some stuff that was obvious to many of us like stop switching and put Ariza on their shooters. I still doubt we win big with him. I still doubt Harden and Howard's mental toughness. I still doubt Brewer and Josh are going to be the ones we can rely on win that trophy.

So people can pat themselves on their back all they want for remaining positive and believing, but nobody can tell me that they were not pissed off with that piss poor effort in game 1, 3 & 4. Don't people understand that most of the hate comes from the lack of effort, but ALSO the warning signs that we've seen with McHale and the players in the 1st round series as well as the regular season. It's not all emotion and somewhat irrational. Sure it's not fun, but had they not brought the effort, all those threads mocking the Rockets, talking about booing them (yes I wanted them booed, cause not bringing effort makes my blood boil) and what not would've been highly justified.

Being a fan means highs and lows and when a team quits as much as the Rockets did in this series, who are you guys to say to others they should not be negative or keep believing? For me personally, while I'm happy with this win, it still does not mean anything if we drop game 6 in a similar fashion to game 1, 3 or 4. If they bring the effort and we lose, I'll understand because the Clippers are a good team and I respect them, but still would not make it hurt less since we could've been 3-2 easily had we brought the effort. Lose this series and it will always be the question: could we have won the series had we brought the effort? Did this team underachieve in the play-offs? To me, both could probably be answered with a yes. That will sting.

2 people like this.
  5. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I apologize about this knee-jerk reaction thread. I was a little animated after the game last night.

I'm just tired of bandwagon Houston fans in general. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon when things are going well but as soon as the team faces some adversity they lose the faith and jump right off. Seemed like that's what was going here on the BBS. Not calling out anyone specifically... just saying once you jump off the bandwagon you shouldn't be allowed to jump back on.

There's a difference between being frustrated and/or upset with how the team performs and totally giving all hope up on them advancing.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Bandwagon fans have no place in sports.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

All the "fans" who wants Harden traded should be banned. All the "fans" who wanted to Rockets to lose so McHale/Morey gets fired should be banned.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't doubt this at all, and yes, it's super annoying.

That being said, I don't think calling out the team when they're playing horrible automatically equates to being a bandwagon fan. I'm still pissed off about games 3 and 4....and I've been a fan of this team longer than most here have been alive (nearly 40 years now).

There's a difference between being a fan and a cheerleader. (I really should put this in my sig)

3 people like this.
  9. tws011

tws011 Member

Please, if they're playing like **** I'm going to be critical of them.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

^^^^
    Hear this! Hear this!

Best post in the thread.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Well, the Rockets themselves were disappointed in their play in LA.

That's why Dwight reportedly talked about playing with pride in the pre-game huddle. Because in LA, they knew they failed to do so.

This is the Rockets team I am a fan of. It's very hard to get behind a team like the one that toppled over like a house of cards in LA.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This (except the part about being old; I'm young and vibrant).

Really I wasn't happy with games 1-4. Games 3 and 4 were just brutal and just beat me down. Watching us get blown out two games in a row in the playoffs (and seemingly giving up) was hard, and as a result I made several seemingly anti-Rockets posts. So fault me if you must, but I'm just happy to see the Rockets trying again.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This mentality is pathetic and it's not limited to just sports.

I've said many things about Harden, but NEVER cheered against him because if he does well, Houston does well.

Remove the ignore.... problem solved

14. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I believe people are just stating the facts from observation, when your team lose 2+ game by more than 25 points and down 3-1 with their best player missing first 2 games, how much of a chance you think we will win in 7? Let me give you an example, if i raise a bet with you for 1000 bucks that we will lose the series, would you have the balls to bet with me?

our chances of winning is not 0 certainly, but it's very slim at most, BTW, we will get blown out in game 6 unless clippers blow it, ain't nothing we can do about it, you think these players didn't play hard in game 3 and 4? It's the playoffs, if you can't focus and play hard in playoffs, there is some serious problem with you

15. Victorious

Victorious Member

hey if we can criticize players for quitting, then we should be able to criticize fans for quitting on the team as well. being upset is one thing, but wanting harden traded or wanting to boo the team when they still have to play, is a bit of an overreaction. Seriously, why would you boo a team when there are still games left that could be won? At least wait until you see them getting blown out again lol

16. ApuN

ApuN Member

Where was this thread the second time they got their freakin' asses kicked by
    20+ points??? :rolleyes:

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

#Believe #clutchcity

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not say any nice things when the players were playing softly, the team got outplayed with the 30 points in any games.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Exactly. Well said

Anyone who would keep quiet after the abysmal performance in back to back games and blow out losses is not a real fan. They are just delusional fanboys.

You've got to be critical when needed.

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

There is a difference between criticism and rooting for the team to lose or a player to do bad to fit your own selfish agendas. It is the latter that is being hated on here. Don't confuse the two.

1 person likes this.