1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's Personality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Harden2TheLine

I thought James was fantastic tonight. How can we get beat with Austin Rivers starting, and Hedo Turkoglu and Glen Davis coming off the bench?

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Gotta solve this problem. We are married to Harden now for a long time and he's our best shot at getting another title. He's got the ability to do this but it's all mental. We need to back our guy because he's the best chance we got. Lebron, Michael, or Hakeem is not walking through those doors. We need James and he needs us. Not to sound corny but we need to believe he can snap out of this playoff funk he's had the past 4 playoff series. It's not normal.

3. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Way too passive, Josh Smith and Brewer have as many shots..coming off the bench. I'm not saying he should be a chucker like Westbrook but he needs to give himself more of a green light, where he is looking to find his rhythm and momentarily taking over the game.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

His behind the back bounce pass to Smith after when turnovers were absolutely destroying us was probably the most frustrated I've been with Harden this whole season. Couldn't believe it.

Rockets didn't respect the Clippers at all, and that moment solidified that fact.

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't deserve any backing after tonight. He showed a lack of professionalism tonight which in essence brought the whole team down. Can't have that from your best player. He deserves all of the criticism he gets after tonight.

6. hoopball

hoopball Member

I've been supporting Harden all season long, but there are certain patterns and mannerisms about him that I feel I really need to vent out about.

Harden is a streaky shooter and I've been noticing that streakiness extends beyond the realm of shooting. It affects how he plays in general. I really think he plays well when there is a positive momentum going for him. As much as I hate to admit this but he's not mentally tough enough to face the adversity and overcome it. He's just not that type of guy. So, yeah I absolutely believe losing MVP race has affected him mentally and psychologically big time. And some would argue if he's that mentally weak, then he doesn't deserve MVP in the first place, and I kind of have to agree.

Bottom line : He is not Hakeem Olajuwon. There is no such fire in him. He plays well when everything is going well for him. I repeat : He is not very good at overcoming adversities. That's why I was very nervous about his performance tonight, and damn was I right.

2 people like this.
  7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You've watching this young fella play here for three seasons now and you tell me you never seen him get amped up, or angry. LOL well then sir you have not been watching any of the Rockets game.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, take away the rim and crowd him, he then feels real uncomfortable. I think that's all. He is limited by his own success.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Uh, Dwight?

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

But people in this thread told me Harden would lead our team. That we shouldn't worry because we were beating Dallas.

Yet look how badly exposed all the flaws that I've been saying, that have been evident all season long, were against a better opponent.

11. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Just watched his post game interview and he didn't even seem pissed at all about the loss. He even laughed about one of his answers to a question. This is the one thing I don't like about Harden. He has no killer instinct. If it were Kobe or Westbrook they would be pissed and let it show.

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dwight is not going to carry a team on offense, harden just needs to play like MVP harden and rockets win this series in 6

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

QFT.

This post deserves more attention.

14. vizier

vizier Member

you mean stick with a loser and HOPE we are wrong?

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

maybe OP wasnt so far off ..

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Doesn't matter what Harden does if the Rockets won't defend.

17. JazzLakerHater

I'm more worried about his moronic coach who for some reason is beloved by the owner and GM.

18. jman7373

jman7373 Member

I just can't bare to watch it anymore. His effort is just pathetic.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Who was guarding the scrub who scored 15 points in a row?

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's so awfy in the playoffs. So passive, non shalant. Just doesn't seem to really care.