1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/8/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2015.

1. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

What you did there...

I see it... :cool:

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Game 2 was big, but the first game on the road will always be bigger. Have to take this one. Missing some much free throws and going 5/26 from three last night. Harden having a horrible first half. I just hope we can get it clicking.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Brewer was not good at all in Game 1 and wasn't much better in Game 2, especially at the foul line(3-6). Ariza was good offensively in the 1st quarter of Game 1 and the 4th quarter of Game 2, but we need more consistency out of him at that end of the floor. No complaints about his defense though last night.

Smith and T-Jones are the keys though. We need a good game out of at least one of those guys. If both play well(like in Game 5 vs. Dallas), we'll win.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Post up James Harden...I am sure that Hakeem has worked with Harden in order to improve his post play. You already know that CP3 is gonna try guarding Harden at some point during the game...If u had to guard a bigger player, there is so much stress it puts on the back and legs.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Game 3 adjustments:

1. McHale needs to stand more
    2. No more smiling from Dwight
    3. James Harden shouldn't bring his mom or brother to the game

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Examples?

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Reduced the turnovers but can we please hit threes at a decent clip?

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

In my opinion this is a must win for Houston. We need to put them on their heels.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't know what to say but I'll say this

Hope someone from the Rockets levels up Matt Scumbag Barnes, hopefully Dorsey

And please use hack a DJ when Clippers get into any sort of rhythm. Again Dorsey got 6 fouls to give.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the one that put deandre on the bench in foul trouble when the replay showed dwight had pushed him from behind into the player w/ the ball

dwight pushed griffin off under the basket for an offensive rebound and dunk

thought griffin was fouled on at least 2-3 of his attempts in the paint the 2nd half

thought the whistle blew for harden too quick on a couple drives in the paint the 2nd half

these are the specific ones i can remember off the top of my head for now…..wouldn't be surprised if we get jobbed in LA now to even things out

11. DenisM

DenisM Member

With Harden fired up (the thing about his mother), Howard playing well whole playoff and 2nd half G2 Ariza and Jones I think that we can win this one.

12. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

How about all the times griffin put his shoulder down and put it through the chest of a rocket player with no offensive call?

How about the play where reddick pushed prigioni off of him, only to then run into prigs and get the foul in his favor?

How about every time big baby slid underneath a rocket to take a charge

Or the play where Ariza fouled griffin by hitting the ball

13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Anyone know if harden is legit fired about this mother situation?

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

griffin typically gets superstar nba marketing department treatment from the officials -- i expect that to return back in action this weekend in LA

prigioni typically gets rookie treatment from the officials -- i expect that to continue running smoothly without interuption this w/e in LA

on at least one of those big baby charges he was definitely there after the offensive player (brewer?) was already in the air and committed to that spot -- that was a bad call in clips favor

the ariza foul i'm thinking of, he swiped the ball clean but dwight fouled griffin on the body so they did us a favor by assessing the foul to trevor

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree. I'm ready to get jobbed by the refs.

16. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Make some 3's pleaz

17. HookemHorns1250

I don't understand...I really don't understand how people who call themselves journalists and sports writers can complain about the amount of free throws we shot last night.

Do they really just not watch the game and read the box score? That's the only thing I can think of. They hacked a Howard/Smith an enormous amount of times. It's just mind blowing how people can be so idiotic.

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Guaranteed loss

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I too would like a job as a ref.

20. rocketblood713

After listening to ESPN and First take and them complaining that Harden gets every call I expect a lot of "where's the foul" and "that's a foul" kinda game for Houston