1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Barnes talks smack to James Harden's mom?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, May 7, 2015.

1. CertifiedTroll

Maybe it is time for McHale to put in Dorsey.

1 person likes this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Are we still rolling with hearsay or did Calvin Watkins report what was actually said?

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dorsey is too nice. We need Bev to return and take a look at Barnes' lateral meniscus.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

C'mon bro.

Harden goes and hugs his mom after most home games, she's been to road games too. Harden is from L.A. i'm sure his mom goes to L.A. games, talks to her before and after the game.

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

She sits in the same exact seat every game. He knew who she was. I don't care what she may or may not have said. Matt Barnes has no excuse. Dorsey needs to land a jr smith like punch on that b****.

6. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Is there any concrete proof of this?

7. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Mind games. Barnes knows he cant guard harden, shoot no one on that team can. So he's trying to get into his head and draw a reaction or get him ejected. That's low though. I really hope Harden doesn't do anything stupid but retaliates by sending these guys home for good.

1 person likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. I don't think it's nearly as big a deal as everyone else apparently thinks it is. It may warrant a warning or small fine from the league or team. Obviously, if he keeps doing it in future games, you have to ramp up punishments to make him stop.

2. I don't know, obviously, but it's hard to imagine he opens with that without some provocation from Harden's mom. If she was trash-talking him first, it's still not acceptable but it's a little more understandable. Some light talk from family is acceptable to me, but family probably shouldn't be talking a lot of trash like an anonymous fan could. It'd be unseemly, and puts security (who throw out fans who go too far) in an uncomfortable position. But, I don't know if she talked much trash or any at all. I'm just thinking about the possibilities.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Barnes' mom passed away from cancer from what I hear. Surprising and not surprising that he would stoop this low.

10. CertifiedTroll

I really wish Ron Artest (Panda Friend) were back with us. Wouldn't have to worry about this.

11. Ismail

Ismail Member

Even if he didn't, why is he telling older lady's in the crowd that? On the plus side, maybe Harden drops 60 in Game 3. I think the Rockets (outside of Ariza and Smith) are levelheaded enough not to go pick a fight with someone. I don't think Harden is the kind of guy to retaliate in a way that'll get him in trouble.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

The dude is a good player but a total douchebag.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Barnes posted a video saying "I'm Matt Barnes and I told Harden's mom to **** my ****" but he quickly deleted it.

14. Zbed

Zbed Member

Que the Joey Dorsey flagrant foul on Barnes.

15. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Me too, he plays hard out there and I haven't seen him take cheap shots. Skinny dude that plays much stronger than his size. Not gifted athletically but gets it done. He is one of those x factor guys.

I'm sure Harden's mom wasn't sitting there quietly. If they Rockets don't like, bring in Dorsey for a strong foul.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He has definitely taken cheap shots before .

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

If Harden goes for 50 next game, I guess we'll know whom to thank for it.

18. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

You saw it? :eek:

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Meanwhile, during the game (as shown on League Pass) Joey Crawford called out one of the stadium security/ushers and told him if a guy near said anything more to Griffin - to toss him out.

Yet the NBA will allow this to go unchecked.

20. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Your right, I'm talking about these playoffs. I watched all the San Antonio games and I was under control but playing hard.