1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to send a message!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, May 7, 2015.

1. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I'm happy so far that the series has not turned into a whiny flopfest that most of us would've thought was coming. I expected Clippers playing dirty and getting away with a lot, technicals, flagrants and getting calls from helliflopters. So far this has not happened, however..with Barnes talking to Harden's mother, Griffin yapping at our bench the whole game and when the game was over, it's time to send a message.

Griffin and Barnes deserve to be taken out, regardless of what they've been doing in this game. Griffin because he was going crazy on us in the 1st half and Barnes because he's a punk. I seriously do not get how we've yet to commit a serious foul in the play-offs to send a message. You cannot just allow Griffin to do what he did to us in the 1st half and not level him at least once. Commit a play-off foul, doesn't have to be dirty, just a good shove or throw down when he gets into the paint.

Clippers have been soft, but that doesn't mean we have to be. I know it's not the 80s or 90s where things like that happened all the time, but if you're going to foul, make sure it's a good hard foul. Especially tonight where you know Crawford is trigger happy both ways and the referees called it very tight, so take advantage of that. You know they will call almost everything so just make them earn it. I hope we get a lot more physical like at the end of the game where mainly Jones just stopped being soft and just took it to them.

Agree / disagree?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If I could press a button to injure the entire Clips team and get away with it I would but we don't have enough bodies to risk a two or three game or more suspension to any of our guys.

As much as I want to put Barnes in the dirt, we can't risk that

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Ded:(

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

On the ground, on the floor. Not actually killing him. Lol.

I wouldn't be angry or remiss if I witnessed a freak injury at his expense tho. Torn acl? Damn shame.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

just send dorsey and paul to make sure that hammy stays down for good and we'll be ok

6. HTM

HTM Member

Harden is waayyyy more valuable than Barnes... wouldn't put it past Barnes to be doing it on purpose to try and get Harden thrown out..... hope Harden doesn't do anything.... get Joey Dorsey out there to rough up that idiot...

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Time to let Dorsey go Ray Lewis on Barnes, Griffin and Paul. In that order. Maybe Griffin first, but someone has to knock Barnes out and I mean with enough violence to put the fear of God into him. Pure POS.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope. Stay classy and focused like the Spurs do.

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Let them do the dirty stuff.

the Rockets can beat them by focusing for 48 minutes and winning

10. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Funny, it seems nobody read what I said. I didn't say dirty, I specifically said not dirty, just a good hard play-off foul. It might be flagrant, but that's okay, just send a message.

11. rocketblood713

Let's start Dorsey so he clothesline Barnes then bring Howard back in done deal message sent let's play!

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Enter Ray Lewis with a basketball.

13. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Where's Bob Sura when you need him? That take down of Josh Howard after Josh was doing everything he could to hurt Yao...that was a warning and it stopped all of Josh's dirty play.

14. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Dorsey should get a spot minute solely to get an ejection

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So this is how you guys plan on beating the Clippers?

This stuff is exactly the reason why they have been such mental midgets and choke artists in the past.

Also spare me the flop talk when the refs were baited into Brewer's theatrics time and time again.

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I definitely wouldn't want to ever intentionally hurt a player. Basketball is their livelihoods and sending intentional "messages" is a bit more thug behavior than I want the Rockets to be a part of.

Now if Barnes happens to blow a knee in practice, requires surgery, and ends up playing ball in China afterwards - well, I just might sleep easier knowing the world always finds a way to bring justice.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Rockets have been chokers cause fans on clutchfans are emotional? Ummmm....okay buddy

18. ibm

ibm Member

respect your opponent. that's a must in any sport. the rockets lost game 1 because (and almost solely because, imo) they didn't have enough respect to their opponent, imo.

i've never liked the clips as a team. but they have grown greatly compared to the past. the last series with the spurs have helped them tremendously.

gonna be a very tough series for the rockets. i'd say if somehow we can pass the 2nd round, the next series (supposedly against the gsw, but nothing is a given in the playoffs) may actually get a bit easier.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And to be fair, King Flopper hasn't yet played in this series. Once Paul starts to play, I'd fully expect the fouls to be more even.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I remember having a coach whose favorite saying was, "go out there and put a body on someone." Physical play is not dirty play. I like it when the Rockets really man up on defense. Good things always happen.