1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To the "its just 1 loss" crowd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, May 5, 2015.

1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I honestly think ppl are overreacting. The Rockets were dominating in the first half and instead of going for the kill they took it easy and let the Clippers hang in. I doubt that happens again as they learned their lesson. I also don't think the Clippers will go on a 3 PT barrage again.

I say Rockets still win this in 6

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm not seeing this high and mighty thing. Like I said before: let other people be less miserable than you. It's their right, for one, and it's good for their health, for another.

If you've given up on the team this season, that's totally fine. Why you want to stick around and call other people names, like "hipster," is totally beyond me though. Personally, when I give up on things (like D&D), I quit posting there. Peace.

Rocket River's images from the last page are perfect, if you ask me.

Go Rocks!

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

"You broke my heart Fredo (Rockets), you broke my heart."

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Turn that frown upside down.

Rockets in 6. That's right, I said it, and I'm not ignoring everything bad, I'm just being happy. Happy that past game is over and that we'll never play that poorly again. Don't be hatin'.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It'll just be one loss if the Rockets win tonight. If they lose and go down 0-2, it'll be a huge black mark on this season, as the Rockets will likely be done.

I have faith they'll get it done, but we'll see.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Either way, that game is going to be the earmark of the postseason. If we come out and win tonight and eventually the series (and perhaps eventually proceed to the finals), everyone will say that loss changed us for the better.

If we lose tonight and eventually the series, that game will lead to a lot of questions this offseason.

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I cant believe the effort given. If you cant at least give good effort in the playoffs that speaks very badly to the leadership of this team. They deserve to get swept with that performance.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's a great post and probably very prescient. There *is* a weird middle road, though unlikely: the Rox somehow survive the Clippers in 7 and then have another couple of enigmatic games while losing in the WCF. In that case, the one game just becomes symptomatic of a weird bipolar type of team.

9. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i do believe that the rockets quit in the late stages of the game, and that it was an embarrassing and sloppy performance. inexcusable, really.

however, it is important to note that the clippers did make tactical adjustments to the way they played in the second half, and the rockets were not able to adjust in turn. they also got red hot from 3.

so yea, its good to be upset. it means you care. but it was a loss predicated on the rockets playing very badly, and the clippers making some specific adjustments to the way the rockets were defending. those are things that the rockets coaching staff will see on film and correct.

the truth is that from an effort and embarrassment and professionalism and team psyche perspective - it could be more than "just 1 loss"

tactically/strategically though - it really is just one loss.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

How many people even predicted the Rox would get the 2nd seed and get to the 2nd round?

This what I hate about clutchfans, its full of people who are never happy with anything. Yeah its just 1 loss in a 7 game series Lolwtf? No matter how much you get blown out or whether it was a close game its still a 1 game loss. Even if the lead was 100 pts it was still a 1 game loss.

Did you celebrate when the Rox went up 1-0 to Dallas? Did you pop the chanpagne and treated everyone to pizza because the Rox were up 1-0? No? Why? Because it was just 1 win and didnt mean anything right? So then stfu. Christ.

If the Rox win the 2nd one watch this crowd quiet up and then hyperventilate once the Clipps win again. **** this.

1 person likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

If they played their best and still lost then that means the Rox are in trouble because you gave it your best shot and still lost without Cp3, that means the Rockets will indeed get swept once Cp3 comes back.

If they got blown out and didnt care so what? The rox got blown out in game 4, what happened in game 5? Dont you think its possible evryone was out of sorts after having around a week of rest?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much what's going to happen haha. truth to everything else you said btw

13. Lando

Lando Member

Its just one loss

14. chandlerbang21

Defensive laspe by harden leaving Barnes open for easy dunk and turnover by harden trying to be fancy with the ball smh. Sums up his night

MVP? Nope

15. Houston22

Houston22 Member

It's just one loss for the Rockets, but big loss for Harden.
    Letting teammates know individual trophy can impact your focus that much..

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Where's the proof for that reasoning?

17. Houston22

Houston22 Member

18. Houston22

Houston22 Member

It's also the comments by team when news got out that Curry won. It was like they were really not prepared for this. Like they had common understanding that Harden would win it and it means that much to him.

19. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

So from that video you got that Harden was 'Letting teammates know individual trophy can impact your focus that much..'

Pretty awesome mind/palm/tarot card/aura reading. Please tell me more!

20. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Have we seen him like that in these playoffs? What else?