1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To the "its just 1 loss" crowd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, May 5, 2015.

1. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Embarrassing

That whole video was cringe worthy. Daughntay Jones' grin at the end is the cherry on top.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hang on, are you saying the Clippers are up 3-0 because of a lack of effort in game 1? Wait, they're not even up 2-0?

Oh, so they're only up 1-0 even though a singular game was so bad? Gotcha.

Where are these Rockets "fans" coming from? Clippers lead 1-0 based on game 1 results. These Rockets "fans" are acting like the points and effort will carry over to game 2.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Harden was pouting last night, feeling sorry for himself. Head was not in the game at all.

5. roidrage

roidrage Member

It's a blow out loss at home without their best player.....yeah just one loss lmfao!!

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

You can see Kevin McHale gave zero fks as well. Crossed arms, expressionless face, stiff posture very clearly reflected the demeanor of the team.

7. roidrage

roidrage Member

They got blown out they lost home court advantage without PPaul in the game stop sugar coating this situation

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

And? The series is not over not even close so stfu

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

One..two...three...Cancun!

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just like the Rockets weren't given game 1 for free because Paul was out, the Clippers can't be given game 2 or any other games because the Rockets played poorly.

Games have to be played. Any team has a chance to win any game, and that includes the one that your are supposedly a fan of, even if you don't want to admit that they do.

Nobody knows what's going to happen. The games actually have to be played.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

Thanks for the clarification OP!

The game was disheartening in more ways than one, not just the last two minutes. And the "its just 1 loss" crowd is not disputing or ignoring this.

This team has nonetheless fought through adversity all year long. So, yes, I apologize if it hurts your feelings that some fans have a cautiously optimistic view that this lights a fire under their a**. If you disagree, then stop watching.

12. kunene

kunene Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Nice Jabbawockeez mask ;D

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Its just one loss

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Its just one loss but still...

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

They better come out with fire in their eyes on Wednesday or this series will be over.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He's not.

But the fact is we're in a 0-1 hole, just like he said. it's a fact.

You and others can choose to be extra enraged and miserable. That's a choice, and it was definitely a frustrating game and a frustrating effort.

I love it when miserable people get even angrier because not everyone will be equally miserable.

I come to the Rockets for enjoyment and optimism. If they don't deliver, I don't let it ruin my life. I am definitely disappointed in game 1, but it ends there. I've got work to do, and they have at least 3 more chances to look more like a real playoff team, like they have a backbone.

3 people like this.
  18. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Well said. I agree. Sucks that we lost in such a manner but the guys will re-group. This ass-whoopin will provide a spark that we apparently needed.

Unfortunate that our guys put out that kind of effort. Can't imagine doing that with Hakeem sitting courtside.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

All the team with HCA has to do is split their first four games.
    So far we are on track to do that. If we lose game 2, that's when I'd start worrying.

I expect a 2-2 split after 4 games. Splitting road and home games.

We are doomed if we get into an 0-2 hole. Clippers too good for us to go 4-0 or 4-1 if that happens.

20. rocketsmetalspd

It is just one lost but the effort last night should never be repeated. Rockets need to take this back to LA 1 -1 if not this series will be over quickly. No need to panic but IF the Rockets come out with the same effort on Wednesday this series will be done.