1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A realistic view of what this loss means for the series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, May 5, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol he was a Lottery pick.... should have at least minimum NBA talent to score a bucket...

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I'm all for realism and perspective, but sometimes you can garner a lot from a single game. It's over. Chris Paul on one leg will chew them up and spit them out.

3. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Oh but this Series Is Over. Dumb, out of control Basketball. These guys looked like they are ready to go Fishin'. James & Dwight can only do so much, teammates are so reliant on them that they can't even separate & create their own Shot. Warriors are so much more competent that 8 Rockets played them, they would have blown us out way more than the Clippers. #FailCity

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They completely thrashed us without Paul. This is a bad omen. Rockets have to dig deep within themselves to get a win in Game 2.

We can do better than this.

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I dont know what it is about the ****in clippers, they are not a better team. It's like some kind of mental block or some ****. It's like they look at the clippers and see this..
    [​IMG]

They need to just go on ahead and get over that hump..
    [​IMG]

Even if they win game 2, if they dont find their confidence against this team finally, this series is over.

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Over or not get in there fight and win 2 or 3 games.... at least

Everything else is just embarassing

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Bench adv is basically neutralized when Jones and terry don't give you anything

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Terry, I can live with, since he's 78 years old. Terrence Jones? Wake the F up, scrub!

9. SemisolidSnake

I hadn't thought about them sitting Paul for sure for game 2, but what you say makes sense. I did think, though, before the game that sitting Paul not only allowed him to rest but also allowed Doc to test the Rockets. I don't think he ever feared losing this first game if the Rockets did step up and win, because he could always make adjustments for Game 2 and have Paul back probably by the time they got to L.A. If the Rockets really scorched the Clippers in this game, I imagine Paul might have made himself available for Game 2, but there's clearly no need for that at this point. Game 2 will now be the test. I agree with you; until the Rockets win, Paul will just rest.

In a way, I kind of feel bad for the Rockets. I'm sure they feel like crap when they lose game like this, but they have no structure to pour any renewed vigor into. Free throws and threes are the only things they can really practice. Everything else is freeform, so where do you even start to try to improve between the previous game and the next? They're just expected to go out every night, play hard in whatever direction things take them, and hope one or more of them steps up to bring the win home. All these games will be ugly, because what are the Rockets going to suddenly learn tomorrow to make them pretty? It's just kind of sad.

10. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

everyone keeps pointing to how we lacked energy and turned the ball over a ton. true. it'll change next game. true. but clips wont turn the ball over 21x either, especially if cp3 is back. and i don't trust our defense anymore to say the clips wont be this hot again. they got whatever they wanted in the 2nd half.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming we can win on Wednesday, which is a huge question mark at this point.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Perfect take. There's no team fundamentals for them to fall back on, to give them a fall back default position when things aren't going their way.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I feel pretty confident for Wednesday. The Rockets got a wake up call today and are being laughed at (deservedly). I expect them to come out with the exact opposite mindset that they had tonight.

Hopefully they don't make me look like a fool.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will,
    whomever gave this thread 1 star, ban him.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Great post but the realistic view is this is just one loss.

Yes, CP3 is a great great player. But the best player on the court usually gives his team the win. Harden/Dwight are just as capable of being the best player on the court.

Tonight Blake was the best player on the court. Hopefully Harden/Dwight will return the favor in game 2.

If Doc is smart he plays CP3 and goes for the kill. Settling for a split is as bad as anything else.

This team has shown great resiliency all year long. Whenever they lose bad they tend to bounce back. Never went on losing streak past 2 games. Time for them to show that.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Good thing there are seven games

17. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Thanks for this. Playoffs are won one game at a time. A lot basketball left to be played between these two squads. Go Rox!

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Too much complacency for us. It happened in game 4 against Dallas and now again today. We have no discipline and it pisses me off.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I always believe that the better team will eventually win out in the playoffs

I think if you are a better team, one game does not really affect the entire series no matter what the circumstances

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You know...I can deal with a lack of intensity when you're up 3-0 on the road. Like...I can honestly understand why that would happen. If you take care of business and go up 3-0, some complacency for 1 game isn't something I can complain about too much.

I can't fathom how it happens in Game 1, at home, in the 2nd round where you haven't been in years.