1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/4/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2015.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

different in that we are down by double digits before halftime?

We had a gdm double-digit lead (LIKE ALWAYS...) and gave that sht up like nothing. 100% of our plauers will have to play 100% better next game to win.

It isn't happening. I'm just so angry at this team right now, its just beyond reason and thats how it is. wtvr. f them and I want my NBALP $$ back for the last 10 years or so...

2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This team really lacks a secondary creator. Look at what a difference Jamal Crawford makes for the Clippers. Blake is also a great facilitator. That is one thing we lack from Dwight, a facilitating big man, but that's just not who Dwight is or ever will be. We've got to get a legit PG and a wing that create his own shot.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets will get swept!!! Harden is the most choker player.

4. keez857

keez857 Member

That was pretty embarrassing but it is still just one game.
    Can't dwell on this lost opportunity. Must focus on the next. I am very concerned about Harden but I am very confident he will step up.

In the words of Don Draper, "This never happened. It will shock you how much it never happened."

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because if Paul rushes back out there and reaggravates the hammy, then the Clippers could be in trouble. Yes, if LA wins Game 2, this series is over. But what if they run Paul out there, lose Game 2, and he gets injured again? Then they're looking at potentially handing back homecourt over the weekend(assuming the Rockets play far better than tonight going forward) and then it's down to a Best of 3 series.

It's a tricky situation for Doc. But they did what they needed to do. There is a risk in trying to get too greedy. And besides, they now know they can win decisively over the Rockets in H-Town without Paul.

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

...relax? Seriously? We just gift-wrapped them HCA and they don't have to win anymore on the road. We have to win 4 more before they win 3...and we play like horsesht on our homefloor while they were without their best player.

I'm pretty sure every Rockets fan has the right to overreact and give this team the biggest middle finger ever given.

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Let's hope, because the Rockets will win it going away. There is no way tonight happens 3 more times without Paul. The Rockets skated for 3 quarters and were only down by 1 89-88 at one point. A motivated Rockets team with the elusive "energy" will beat a Paul-less Clippers team way more often than not. There's no way they score 71 points in a half again. That was just a freakish game tonight.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wouldn't be surprised if they're actually more worried about paul getting healthy for the warriors at this point. i could see them holding him out until they've lost a game to us.

9. Harden2TheLine

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I hear you, and I hope Doc does rest Paul, because I could see the Clippers coming into Game 2 with the same mentality the Rockets came with in Game 1. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the Rockets lightly after tonight's **** show.

11. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Dwight actually played verygood at first half, Harden was pedstrian

12. thejav

thejav Member

if we lose next game.. this will be a sweep..

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden played like a scrub player. How can you only shoot 13 times????

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

JLin would have won us this game. Period. :cool:

15. chandlerbang21

Clippers play defense and keep harden out of paint

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We played scared. The same vibe I got in the POR series last year. Like the players didn't know how to attack the Clippers. Looked lost

Coaches need to tweet their game plan.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets played like crap, obviously.... but

We can still sweep this series (win the next 4).

Get more FOCUSED.
    Sense of URGENCY.
    Shame that's an issue, but we can sow it quickly.

Just do it

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is why Curry is the MVP. He never choke like James Harden did.

19. Flop

Flop Member

True. The clippers know they can beat us and all we did was Beat up an injured, old dallas team without rondo in the first round.

20. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

After withing a Game 7 against the Spurs, they are just in the zone. Sometimes more rest isn't a good thing.