1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The media is right about us. Always have been right.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 4, 2015.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

I know most of us like to play the victim card and act like the media has been unfairly portraying us as a team that simply isn't a threat or a contender. We delude ourselves into thinking that our lack of ESPN coverage is a great injustice to the Houston Rockets... it isn't.

There's a thread on the front page filled with Rocket fans that are outraged that most journalists are picking the Clippers to win this series. Well, we went out there and embarrassed ourselves tonight. How can we be taken seriously if we play like that against a battered Clippers team on our home court? We got STOMPED. The year before we were embarrassed by Damian Lillard on a horrific defensive lapse where all we had to do was defend against a three. We lost to the Jazz time and time again in the TMac and Yao era and choked away a playoff series against the Mavs in the 1st round in 2005.

We won one playoff series in like 20 years now. This team isn't a contender now, they won't be a contender next year. The media will continueto treat us like we are -- Pretenders. We have underachieved for a ridiculous amount of time now, and with gutless performances like tonight it looks like another year thrown down the drain. Another wasted season for the Houston Rockets. (Yes I'm counting us out this series. Prove me wrong Rockets)

The media have been absolutely right about us. We aren't intimidating. We aren't contenders. We aren't respected. Not until we prove that we are.

/rant

feel free to lock if too knee-jerky.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Don't watch the rest of the series then.

3. MD_in_Training

Won't be missing much the next 3 games. GSW vs Clippers should be good though.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">McHale ripped <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> in locker room postgame.</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/595446862099783681">May 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Good. It's time McHale tore into our players.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, would you have made a "The media is wrong about us. Always been wrong." thread, if we had won?

It's one game. Everyone needs to calm the hell down.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I hope when he ripped them. He made sure to say "Dwight I am not talking about you"............. the rest of you have no heart!

8. MD_in_Training

What we need McHale to do is resign. There's nothing to rip. He's the captain of this ship, and when we go into every game with no F***ing gameplan, then it's HIS fault that we get destroyed by a team WITH a gameplan and WITHOUT its best player.

9. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

We've never been contenders. We were always going to beat the Mavs. They are trash personified but any other team bar the Pelicans, we would have lost.

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

I probably will as long as I see some effort. I'm still a fan, I still love the Rockets. We just aren't threatening. The Clippers aren't afraid of us, nor should they be. We're soft.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

HOUSTON FRAUDKETS

JAMES FRAUDEN

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

There is only 1 player on this team that can change the tide of the way this series is going. JAMES HARDEN

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jordan and Griffin are more than a notch tougher than Dirk and Tyson Chandler

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're right that it's just one game. Rockets could come out and win by 20 in Game 2.

It's the effort and disrespect the Rockets had for the Clippers tonight that has people upset, and normally, I think the GARM overreaction after a loss is laughable, but tonight I think it's pretty justified. Golden opportunity wasted for no reason other than the Rockets didn't care. It is, unquestionably, one of the worst losses I've seen from the Rockets in years.

15. MD_in_Training

When's the last time Rockets beat anybody by 20? We can get up by 20 then easily lose by 10. That's how we roll.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

What's the point of ripping the time after a terrible loss that may have cost you the series?!?! Not prepared to play and that's on everyone, coaches and players.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Imma chalk this up to rust hurting more than rest helped. The rest of you can continue to whine until you feel wrong when we win the series. No way we turn the ball over that many times again, and I doubt Harden has another game like tonight in this series.

Clippers should have been down and out but we LET them back in the game and never got serious, and the role players just weren't ready to take on the weight.

I do agree that we were too predictable tonight, but we don't have to be, and i expect us to beat them down in game two, and take at least one in LA. They think they saw our best, and it wasn't even close to that.

Anyone acting like this was as good as we can do is just freaking out.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure about they did not care at all or was it that the Clippers had our numbers last year.

Fact will remain that LA is playing their best against us nearly every time...

I do not recall more than one game that was a blowout of those Clips (Honestly I did not watch all of the Clippers games this season to be fair)

19. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

20. alcatrazpsycho

This team is a reflection of its owner... a man who said he didn't think the Rockets needed to exit the first round. By that metric, the Rockets are already overachieving.

We should be celebrating this loss! A second round loss, woot woot! Two (maybe three) extra home games worth of revenue!