1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There was and will always be one Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

All your statements have absolutely nothing to do with who's a better player. This is not a sympathy contest.

2. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

A better player leads his teams to victories in the playoffs.

A better player does not lead his team to the lottery.

(above are non racist or non semi-racist statements)

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

4. Zboy

Zboy Member

LOL @ the McGrady fans still trying to defend McGrady.

No matter how hard you try, you will not be able to change history.

McGrady has gone down in the NBA books as one of the biggest LOSERS NBA has ever produced.

Its a done deal.

Here is the conundrum McGrady fans face. They love to hype him and his talents. What does it say about him when once you are done prasing him and you are left with 0-7?

Yup.

Mental Midget confirmed.

The more Mcgrady fans hype him, the more he shrinks.

LOL @ all those Harden vs McGrady discussions earlier. Harden has already left McGrady in the dust and he has plenty of years ahead of him.

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

You prolong it because you want to keep replying to me . it's not like you have any facts supporting McGrady anyways.

But doesn't it just feel great now that we have a superstar who's not always lying about his health and really care about his teammates?

it's refreshing. please keep posting, it's your clutchfans right.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Shouldn't this be in the Dish?

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Ok.

We beat the Mavericks.

During the Tmac era, we played 3 playoff series.
    Mavericks, and 2 with Utah

we didn't win those series.

You must be talking about fantasy basketball. I'm talking about the playoffs, where your best player leads you to victories and hopefully championships.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Zboy, you can answer my questions as well.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

See you didn't answer any of my questions. Please try again.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I did answer your question, you are in just denial.
    You believe that McGrady scoring lots of points = better player.
    The better player is not the one who scores the most, it's the one who leads the team to success.

You and I have clearly different definitions of what a good player is.
    Oh, you know who also has the same definition of a good player? Daryl Morey.
    He traded away Tmac while Tmac keep saying he was great and he was 'back'.

That whole time, Tim Duncan, who was a McGrady era player was never traded from the Spurs. Why is that? He's stats aren't so great.

11. Zboy

Zboy Member

McGrady was a mental midget. He would always get ahead in the series and then he would shrink later on.

Same in Orlando. Same in Houston.

Went up against Pistons. Opened his big mouth. And then the mental midget showed up.

Went up 2-0 against the Mavs. and then started to tighten up. He played scared once the series shifted to Houston and then of course game 7.

Its amazing how the McGrady teams with "no talent" had no problem going up in a series but never seemed to know how close the deal..Things that make you go hmmm..

McGrady fans love to give Mcgrady all the credit when the team was winning but when the team was losing...."Waaa Waaa looks at his team" LOL....cant have it both ways. McGrady's team is up 2-0 because of Mcgrady but McGrady's team is out of playoffs because of his teammates? Right...its the same freaking McGrady who played the entire series. The problem, as I said, he couldnt handle the pressure as the series progressed.

The guy hated contact. Hated physical play. Derek Fisher (lol) and Matt Hapring punked him. They knew they guy hated it when you bodied him up on defense.

The guy was also a stat padder. Tracy McGrady wanted to run all the plays and wanted everything to go through him. Which is why he could never get along with Adelman. If the play was not running through McGrady, he was not interested.

This is where Harden has taken his game to next level especially this season. Even in game 7 you saw that harden picked his spots. He was facilitating when needed to, scoring when needed to, and deferring when needed to.

McGrady was never able to make that transition.

Also, while McGrady hated contact, Harden looks for contact.

And yes, tinman is right when he says that McGrady was absolute crap as a leader. He had a big mouth, me first ttitude , and threw his teammates under the bus several times. The guy was a douchebag.

Bottom line, when the only time your team goes pass the first round is when you were not playing, that pretty much says it all.

so please...stop trying to revise history. I have followed McGrady's career since his Toronto days and you are not fooling me.

You can only make so many excuses......Once its 0-7 you need to pack your bags and go home...just like McGrady used to before second round started.

#591 Zboy, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

2014-2015
    Win Shares
    1. James Harden ▪ HOU 16.4
    2. Chris Paul ▪ LAC 16.1
    3. Stephen Curry ▪ GSW 15.7
    4. Anthony Davis ▪ NOP 14.0
    5. DeAndre Jordan ▪ LAC 12.8
    6. Jimmy Butler ▪ CHI 11.2
    7. Russell Westbrook ▪ OKC 10.7
    8. Damian Lillard ▪ POR 10.6
    9. Pau Gasol ▪ CHI 10.4
    10. Kyrie Irving ▪ CLE 10.4
    11. LeBron James ▪ CLE 10.4
    12. Tyson Chandler ▪ DAL 10.3
    13. Marc Gasol ▪ MEM 10.2
    14. Tim Duncan ▪ SAS 9.6
    15. Rudy Gobert ▪ UTA 9.3
    16. Blake Griffin ▪ LAC 9.0
    17. Klay Thompson ▪ GSW 8.8
    18. Kevin Love ▪ CLE 8.7
    19. Gordon Hayward ▪ UTA 8.7
    20. Al Horford ▪ ATL 8.7

2004-2005
    in Shares
    1. Kevin Garnett ▪ MIN 16.1
    2. Dirk Nowitzki ▪ DAL 15.6
    3. Amar'e Stoudemire ▪ PHO 14.6
    4. LeBron James ▪ CLE 14.3
    5. Shawn Marion ▪ PHO 12.5
    6. Chauncey Billups ▪ DET 12.1
    7. Tracy McGrady ▪ HOU 12.0
    8. Stephon Marbury ▪ NYK 11.7
    9. Gilbert Arenas ▪ WAS 11.5
    10. Paul Pierce ▪ BOS 11.2
    11. Tim Duncan ▪ SAS 11.2
    12. Dwyane Wade ▪ MIA 11.0
    13. Manu Ginobili ▪ SAS 11.0
    14. Shaquille O'Neal ▪ MIA 11.0
    15. Steve Nash ▪ PHO 10.9
    16. Ray Allen ▪ SEA 10.7
    17. Yao Ming ▪ HOU 10.7
    18. Elton Brand ▪ LAC 10.6
    19. Tayshaun Prince ▪ DET 9.4
    20. Vince Carter ▪ TOT 9.4

13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Amazing post full of facts. And I will say there is no racism or semi racism in this thread.

I had Prime McGrady for Fantasy Basketball team, he was great for scoring stats. But if I wanted someone on my team that I love the Rockets, I wish we had Kobe Bryant because of the winning characteristics he has.

Today, we have JAMES HARDEN, he's the "Kobe" we always wanted. Even Kobe said he believes JAMES HARDEN SHOULD WIN MVP.

Kobe has never said "Tracy McGrady should win MVP".

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This is a Tracy McGrady appreciation thread. It's funny how tinman keeps complaining about it getting bumped when he keeps bumping back...we're in the playoffs tinman, get a life.

15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

i complained why it initially got bumped because it has nothing to do with the playoffs

i know we're in the second round, which has no correlation to tmac appreciation

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Calling someone a mental midget without backing it up anyhow isn't exactly what I'd consider amazing and factual. And Zboy, McGrady posted a 27/7/7 game along with three blocks in that game 7 vs the Mavs. Outside of Yao and McGrady, only four other Rockets scored in this game. Only one with more than 4 points. Yet, you guys say McGrady was the mental midget and let the team down.

You and Zboy are pathetic and can't support any of your statements with even a tiny bit of logic or accuracy. It's embarrassing how grown men can be so delusional and blinded by hate.

17. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

How do you feel about Clutch's statement:

http://www.clutchcity.net/news/1545/the_day_t-mac_lost_houston/

I know you can falsely accuse me of racism and tell zboy off without any fear of repercussions, but you should call Clutch "delusional and blinded by hate" too
    because he has the same view of McGrady's tenure in Houston

but you won't. it's hypocritical.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Clutch surely wasn't talking about his game 7 performance. And Clutch isn't god, how about using your own points instead of pointing at other persons, even if their statements weren't about our core argument.

I'm done with this thread anyway, trying to initiate a fruitful discussion with you is pointless.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I just reported you for racism, clutch isn't god?

20. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch isn't god and he isn't a racist or semi-racist.
    But he is the creator of the site so therefore you dodge any criticism toward his articles.

Yes, he wasn't talking about his game 7 performance, he was talking about his future with the rockets as the leader in the playoffs or regular season.

my point and Zboy's point and Clutch's point ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.