1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we are gonna ignore the riot thats happening in Baltimore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'll be honest and so no. I'm not trying to be obtuse as I've been accused. I'm expressing what I see. Trying to make some sense of the politics involved in this situation. I would welcome any unbiased explanations.

2. Falcons Talon

Never needed it since I started carrying a Gaboon Viper in my quick draw backpack.

3. Falcons Talon

OK. So now, Republican are democrats, and democrats are republican.

Now i'm really lost....so the democrats in power for the last 40-50 years were really Republicans, and the Democrats that supported slavery are what are now...the original democrates too...so both parties, in their beliefs are against blacks being free from bondage in some way shape or form....am I in the ballpark?

Anyway...I never suggested either was more damaging. I think its a whole lot of things that caused this mess.

4. Remii

Remii Member

My bad. You're talking about something else but it doesn't matter if a democrat or republican is in office because slavery has been replaced with the prison system for many Black folks. It's damn near more Black folks locked up than there were slaves. And considering the fact that in many of the shyt holes people live in (like in Baltimore) you will find an abundance of drugs, liquor stores, guns, and Christian churches and a very limited amount of educational resources and hope... The new slave system has a constant flow of product and the rest of the tax payers (like yourself) will flip the bill because many other people's hearts and minds are enslaved as well.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem isn't that we have prisons for criminals, it's the fact that we have people so desperately trying to get into those prisons with their actions.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Take a look at my post again Bobby... Do you see the bolded part you glossed over. You pay no attention to the cause (contributing factor) and just the effect. That type of environment can be a criminal breading ground for any group of people. But as intelligent as you are you think a majority of people are just desperately trying to get into prison. That is why your heart and mind is enslaved as well.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

1. No one is forced to live anywhere.
    2. Anyone can rise out of poverty if that is their goal and they put in the work.

Your environment doesn't have to dictate who you are as a person if you don't want it to. Being surrounded by drugs and liquor stores isn't an excuse for being a junkie or drunk nor is being surrounded by guns an excuse for being a thief, rapist, or murderer.

There is more opportunity readily available to people of this country in this time than there has ever been for any people of any time before now. If you are a piece of crap, there's no one else to blame.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Have you ever lived in a environment like that Bobby...?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A bit, enough to know it's not an excuse because there is no valid excuse. What you are talking about are only distractions, each person decides whether or not to allow themselves to be affected by them. Of course it's usually not a conscious decision so it's easy to blame it on others but it's not anyone else's fault.

People have the power to get out of pretty much every situation caused by others, it's the situations we cause for ourselves that can be a b****.

10. Remii

Remii Member

That sounds like a no Bobby. You can't tell me about war when you've never been to war... Nor can you tell me what it's like to not be white and growing up in a situation like that.

Awww... So you admit there are "situations caused by others."

Since you admit there are "situations" caused by others than you acknowledge it.

You admit and acknowledge that there are "situations being caused by others" to set people up to be put in the prison system/justice system, but yet you're not questioning and or have no concern why the ones who are creating the laws are the same ones creating the "situations" and or allowing the "situations" to happen.

You admit "there are situations caused by others" but yet you say people are desperately trying to go to jail but ignore the "situations being caused by others" all together.

Like I said. Your heat and mind is enslaved as well Bobby. And you are not alone.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Have you been in prison?

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

cancel the riots

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6d0218e_story.html?postshare=5491430356684020

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

bro -- this is NOT what the mobs want to here. Therefore you're racist.

If everybody learned something from the Trayvon and Michael Brown incidents, it should be to wait until the facts are presented. Senseless violence could have been prevented had people had all the facts earlier, or if they had simply waited for the facts.

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

you want to argue that Freddie Gray severed his own spine or are you going to wait for more facts?

"I heard banging, it couldn't have been the cops beating Freddie because cops don't do that--ever. also I can detect patterns of sound."

I find this evidence pretty laughable, if I'm going to be frank.

15. bigtexxx

So your position is to not wait for the facts, but rather rush to judgment?

16. Northside Storm

no, it's to watch your position chiding people for jumping to conclusions on shi**y evidence while you jump to conclusions on shi**y evidence.

17. bigtexxx

**BACKPEDAL ALERT**

look at you running

waiting for the facts is what's best. One day you'll learn, if you have an open mind, that is.

1 person likes this.
  18. Northside Storm

no, apparantly waiting for an unsubstantiated earwitness is what's best.

that's the point where we can dismiss all grievances and systematic racism in America: some dude hearing another dude severing his own spine.

*You should wait for all of the facts--but I won't.* - bigtexxx

19. bigtexxx

Your reading comprehension is abysmal. I was referring to the senseless violence from the Michael Brown and Trayvon incidents. I have not formed an opinion in this Fred Gray case yet, as the facts aren't yet out.

Premature accusation from you, champ. Do better.

20. Northside Storm

Good, keep it that way. police yourself and others too if you're not going to come in with facts or substance, and make sure you don't support statements that make it seem otherwise.

i.e: "cancel the riots"