1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are the most disrespected team in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Apr 29, 2015.

1. MFG16

MFG16 Member

I don't understand why people care so much about national attention? We just won our second playoff series since the 90s. Keep winning and the exposure will come. With that being said... "A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep."

2. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

We won pretty easily, 2 vs 7, no recent history of winning, Kentucky Derby build up is starting, they are hyping the ever living hell out of Mayweather/Pacquiao, how sports are being impacted by the unrest in Baltimore, the slugfest that is Clips/Spurs and the almighty NFL draft starts tomorrow. I hate ESPN as much as the next guy but lets face it, there is a whole lot going on with sports right now and our 4-1 series win is pretty far down the list of things for national media to talk about.

3. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Ask the two time NBA Champ Rockets (and their fans) how that worked out for them back in 94-95.

4. scottie brooks

Also, I noticed watching the top 10 plays on sportscenter last night that the #3 spot was Aminu dunking on us. No mention that we beat them. Disrespectful to say the least.

5. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Kenny Smith says Hi. :cool:

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The debate format is fun, Stephen A is articulate, etc. It's like PTI on steroids

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a sign of times, people give a rats ass about what total strangers say on twitter or Facebook

Nobody really cares about the game anymore

Is your own self satisfaction not enough that you have to seek television?

Who's opinion is more important? Yours or someone elses?

8. rocketsmetalspd

Even Kenny Smith doesn't give the Rockets a chance to get the WCF. He seems like he doesn't want the Rockets to get another Chip.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

When you win titles and you get no recognition that's true disrespect.

There's only so much you can say about winning the first round.

People can say what they want about the rockets . I don't need someone on tv to act like they won a dancing with the stars when we beat the mavericks in the first round.

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I like listening to the chunky guy with a beard on the starters always gives the Rockets praise.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

There should only be two opinions you care about on the rockets,
    Yours
    And Clutch's

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Memphis is probably still the most disrespected team. But the Rockets definitely have a lack of respect. It's always that way for this team, and pretty much has been that way.

I kind of prefer it that way. It scares me when it's not like that. Last year, ironically, most of the media was picking the Rockets over the Trailblazers, and we lost. So when we got some respect, we fell short.

I'd much rather be the team that proves the doubters wrong.

13. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

I've never understood fans whining about getting respect. Why is it so important to get a 60 to 90 seconds mention on ESPN? Does it really matter? Does it make you feel better about your team?

It's such a waste of energy

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

It's not just the commentators. Besides Rockets fans no believes Houston will win and no one seems to want Houston to win. The Clippers play a sexy style of basketball and Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are sellable advertising commodities. The Spurs are the Good Guys with the white hats and riding the the white horses. The Warriors are loads of fun to watch and everyone likes Steph Curry. The Cavs have Lebron. etc. All we have is a Beard.

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Al I know is, the James Harden has put in the best individual/MVP performance to put his team into a great position. There is NO WAY Dwight or the rest of the squad will just take that for granted and not step up for their General. Look how he only had to step up in game 3's 42 point performance. If we had this crew healthy all season we would be the deepest team in the league. Point is, i like our underdog position. We got past the first round with authority. No pressure, everyone is just having fun out there. I believe we can carry this momentum all the way. Rox for life.

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Our style of play since the addition of healthy howard has been super exciting. He is a one-man defensive wrecking crew that has opened up our passing game. Our wide receivers are the fastest in the league. Whod doesnt like monster blocks, touch down passes, allyoop plays, and ankle breaking crossovers? M just sayin...

17. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

The media.... I work at a spanish news station and they didnt mention anything at work today. They took the sports segment off the show today to talk about some other story. I was pretty upset. The way i see it at my job is because the producers come from different locations and dont care for the city. Its reallly annoying

18. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Surprised? Really?

The most disrespect you will ever find directed towards the Rockets will be right here...in particular in a game thread. Any given game will produce hateful diatribes against every player, coach, and front office person.

I don't frequent other internet basketball forums...but I doubt there could be any that remotely approaches the hate that is thrown at the Rockets here....and when you quote them, you get another rash of crap.

At least, the fans at the game last night really showed their respect for the team...and it was very gratifying to see.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He's saying that missed shots don't exist in a vacuum

20. Airdough

Airdough Member

Be upset over the cause of the protests in Baltimore, be upset the Rockets knee jerk fired their social media manger for a stupid tweet, be upset over the really high cost of attending a playoff game. There are many things worthy of drawing your passion but media narratives, c'mon man!