1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are the most disrespected team in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Apr 29, 2015.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no people that write off our players during games embarrass our fanbase.....and most of the time they look like idiots by the end of the game

all i want to see is us get some credit for being a good team

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

You folks are too sensitive lmao

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

earn the respect by going to the finals and winning.

4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

hmm no surprise there. They probably didn't even watch either team during the season because I saw before the series they both picked Dallas in 5 or 6 lol. Really they just hope Lebron breaks a nail or Johnny Manziel does blow with hookers so they have something juicy to debate.

5. LandryMegaBeast

bruh anything mentioned on that show isnt news worthy.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We ain't done shhyte to deserve any respect just yet

We got past the 1st round for the first time in like 6 years against the worst Western Conference playoff team

You command respect, not demand it.

If/when Rockets get past the 2nd round, respect will be shown

7. awc713

awc713 Member

It has nothing to do with the Rockets and more to do with our location. Sure, it helps that the Rockets approach is unorthodox and perhaps unpopular amongst traditionalists, but Houston as a whole has long left a bad taste in the mouths of national media, for whatever reason.

In addition to the Rockets, the Texans nor the Astros ever get the national respect/love when deserved, but you can count on the national media to scorn Houston sports whenever the opportunity arises.

The Astros, due to their interesting rebuilding model, have been publicly disdained more than any sports organization besides the Redskins. Where was this scorn when the Pirates or Royals performed a two-decade rebuild? Do we get any mention now that we're in 1st place, 1.5GB of the best record in baseball? Of course not.

The Texans albeit have not lived up to expectations, but when injuries derailed SB-worthy seasons from 2010-2012, ESPN stayed silent on our dominating seasons.

ESPN will never praise us. Get used to it. I've learned, if you want the best quality sports reports, it's Yahoo. Yahoo's writers are not only smarter, but are also the ones breaking news more often. I prefer Woj must more than ESPN's team of knuckleheads. ESPN may have a stronghold on the TV market, which bodes well for lazy fans. But their quality is far behind their competitors.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

no it doesn't . why would anyone care about that?

you shouldn't care what others think of your rockets.

9. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

You must be new here.

If the Rockets win the 2nd round they will only talk about:
    Tony Parker and Splitter not 100%
    Hack-A-wtver
    Spurs have too much to overcome with 3 straight road series.
    Duncan and Manu retiring?

10. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I like Webber too. But when he called us Atlanta twice, that bothered me more than getting the names wrong.

11. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

These are the guys that said Dallas would win in 6, I don't really care about what they have to say.

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

This sums it up. We have been a good team for years, but just another team that fades in the playoffs. We haven't proven a thing yet so they don't care about us and wont.

I don't personally care, but we have to just show up. That's the only way to shut people up.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I think the problem was that he kept referring to the Atlanta Celtics AAU team and then he just naturally added Hawks a few time after Atlanta when he was talking about dwight and smith.

Either way you have to be a bit smarter than that.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If respect is what you are searching for,

you should be a Spurs fan.

99% of the media will keep kissing the butt of this Dunvich team till the day they both will retire.

15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The only way to gain respect is by beating the Spurs and then defeating this year's media darling Warriors. Anything less and we will always be overlooked as contenders in the West.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL WATCH FIRST TAKE!?!?!

17. TheresTheDagger

It didn't use to be that way. The Spurs used to be the team everyone forgot while kissing the Lakers @ss (or the Heat, Bulls, Celtics). They only got the respect they have now by WINNING titles.

18. ipa

ipa Member

I liked the post game conference, where Carlisle said something like, „you gotta give them credit for us missing”, I mean, what the hell is that?

„The Rockets are that bad, that when we lose, we are beaten by us, not by them... They can't beat no one"...

I mean, is it that hard to give proper credit, and stay classy?

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Why wouldn't they talk about the defending champions and dynasty bowing out in the 2nd round?

Stop being so sensitive.

We'll earn that respect one win at a time

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Smith also said the Mavs would beat us in 6, so don't listen to him.