1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are the most disrespected team in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Apr 29, 2015.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No mention on First Take of our win, just that we would be beaten in the second round no matter who we face.

First Take is just about Skip's Spurs and it really angers me that other teams are hardly mentioned outside the "favourites"

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Well, watching first take was your first mistake. When you watch garbage you should expect garbage.

2 people like this.
  3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Welcome to the world of being a Houston fan. No one really cares except us.

Except maybe JVG.

2 people like this.
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Real people watch "First Take"?

1 person likes this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yep. They never care.

Skip says Rockets have no chance in the 2nd round vs Spurs. Kwahi shuts down Harden. Said a few stats.

Smith said Rockets have a chance to beat Spurs, Clippers will be the tougher match. Rockets players have stepped up.

That was it.....

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

not making it out of the first round in a half decade will do that to your cred.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

First of all, first take is trash. Secondly, why do you care what the media and other fans think about us? Does that affect how you feel about the team and their performance? No matter what anyone else says or doesn't say, all I care about personally is how well we are doing and more importantly, that we are winning. **** anyone else who says otherwise. The Rockets play better as the underdogs anyways. It's always been like that.

2 people like this.
  8. dje243

dje243 Member

They won't take notice until we make them notice. We haven't done anything yet. Win in round 2 and then I think next season we start to be taken more seriously.

1 person likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't agree that we're the most disrespected. No one can deny Harden's greatness at this point, so there will always be at least that.

And of course, stop watching First Take.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Why should it anger you? The same disrespect was given when the rockets were going after their 2nd title, I would rather be an underdog than a favorite by the masses. This rockets team was predicted to finish as the 8th seed at the beginning of the season and they got the 2nd seed with no fanfare. You gotta love it and hope that this team feeds off of it.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it angers me because we won a Playoff series, Skip and Stephen A both picked the Mavs to knock us out. Time they grew some balls and gave us credit for getting through

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

These dudes are pretty much just famous fans. A team of Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Hakeem, Magic, and Bird would have no chance against Skip's "my San Antonio Spurs"

No one can predict outcomes in sports. If these guys could accurately determine real chances through a series then they would be billionaires betting in Vegas. We only have reasonable speculation and match up determination

Nobody thought the Rockets would end 2nd in the West. No body thought the Warriors would be first. We were counted out before the first round even began no matter who we were going to face. Look at the Wizards who just beat Toronto, could anybody REASONABLY predict the lower seed sweeping without home court advantage? Same in college with March Madness predictions.

Their predictions are just as likely as any single basketball fan out there. They are just t.v personalities that stick to an agenda

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If being talked about on First Take is what constitutes "respect", then I'm cool with being disrespected.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Speaking of, are we going to get him for a game? Is this intentional? I went to game 1, did we get him for that game? I am sick of Hubie. I generally like Chris Webber, but he couldn't get anyone's name right last night.

J.R. Smith is not Josh Smith.

James Harden is not Jason Harden.

There was another one, but I can't remember what it was.

It's like anytime someone stands next to another player, they forget their full name and combine it with the person he is with.

I want Jeff. Would be refreshing to hear someone praise us for once.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah skip just doesn't like us. But I mean we had been very disappointing in the playoffs for the most part recently. Aside from the team that took LA to 7 games, we dropped the 2-0 lead against Dallas (dropping next two at home), lost to Utah in game 7 at home with a lead in the 4th, and the Portland series. We just have to keep proving the doubters and change their minds.

Still have to say Memphis gets the least respect which baffles me.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Flores, JVG, and sometimes Webber give credit where credit is due.
    I don't mind the disrespect, as long as we continue to be professionals and do our job.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

even if it is true,

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EL8e2ujXe8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You are embarrassing our fan base with comments like this.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why would you expect respect?

Everybody hates...
    Howard for the dwightmare
    Harden for his FT's and "flopping"
    Morey for his "stats only no chemistry" label, and ripping off teams in trades
    Beverley for his physical play and injuring WB
    Smith for being a "chucker" and "head case"

Shaq has beef with Howard, Barkley has beef with rockets.

We'v only made it out of the first round twice in the last 18 years since our championships. And our championships where 20 years ago, it's not really a big deal to anybody outside of the Rox organization/fans anymore.

And then we're in Houston Texas, not NYK, Miami, LA, CHI etc.

With all that stacked against us, why would we expect much from the media as far as respect? All we have going for us is McHale who TNT and Espn love, JVG a old coach is now a commentator who occasionally gives us props and Hakeem a respected legend.

Until we win rings (plural), or have a bunch of ex rockets join the media, we won't be respected.

1 person likes this.
  19. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Who the hell cares what anyone on First Take says. And frankly we haven't exactly earned a great playoff reputation.

20. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

They don't care or respect us for a legitimate reason; no Houston team has won anything in a couple decades. Can't blame them