1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Game 5 Podcast: “Predictable” Rockets crush Mavericks, advance to West Semifinals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

3. WestendMassive

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Keep em coming Clutch!

Oh yeah I was meaning to ask, is there any way that yall could make a highlight video for game 4 like you did for all the other games? I know we lost but I didn't get to watch. Thanks

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Everytime CLutch makes a podcast, Rockets win so keep making 'em or cookin 'em up

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Very nice! Got the update on the iPhone! props

7. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Nice Pod cast Clutch, I love these and makes my drive to work or home 100% more enjoyable.

8. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Great listen, thanks Clutch.

You mentioned that Dirk only hit four threes in this series, which surprised the heck out of me. So I went and looked, not only did he go 4-of-17 from beyond the arc in this series, but he's just 6-of-35 :eek: from three in the Mavs' last three playoff series. Wow. He was 1-of-6 in Dallas' series against Oklahoma City in 2011-12 and 1-of-12 against the Spurs last year.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, I was surprised and disappointed at how pedestrian Dirk has become. He's still a useful player but he used to be so freaking awesome. I would love it if Dallas would trade him to a contender so he could spend his sunset years as a third star.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

lol at the mavs possibly pursuing beverley..

i would like to keep him, but if they offer him something like 8 mil...hahahha

what a salty ass franchise...the perfect analogy to that dump of a city

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I just think it's a possibility to happen again. Beverley doesn't require the ball and if they keep Monta, that's the type of player they may want. Monta is nowhere near as good of a facilitator as Harden, but as the Rondo situation showed, he appears to be better with the ball in his hands.

Thanks again to everyone for listening to the podcast and the comments.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Totally agree Clutch that he would be a good fit; I just wouldn't mind them throwing a lot of money at him.

Just curious. Why did you bring Beverley up with regard to their FA signings? Did you hear something else?

I posted a month or two ago about Mavs pursuing Beverley via Elhassan, and he said that Bev was their "top target". Was wondering if you were referring to that or if you heard something else.

14. NewAge

NewAge Member

Good listen. The only minor correction: Mavs did not lose four straight playoff series after 2011. This is their third: one season they did not make the playoffs, when Dirk was hurt.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The two of you talked about pretty much everything I'd want you to talk about. Another great listen. Keep them coming!

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im not that invested in the mavs being bad. parsons on that team is enough. i do not want to root against beverley. if he leaves i hope he goes to an up and coming team in the east. wizards, kings, or even the cavs i suppose. he would be a backup but on good teams.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't have confidence in the "defense" to competitive enough in the second round.... Who feels the same?

18. houstonflagfan

19. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

do we know if Clutch flopped on the Bullard punch? :)

20. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Clutch, great stuff! Any chance you recorded some of the celebrations inside the arena??