1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The US isn't where bootleg copies of movies usually get made. They're virtually always from foreign theatres with subtitles. (Initial ones anyway)

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Because I don't want to wait a week to see it obviously.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Get the ****ing brooms!

Sorry I needed to say it here instead of the GARM.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Will be seeing it Monday night. I am excite.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

How did the posters in this thread see it 1-2 weeks early?

Lucky sons of guns!

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

That's why DC always gets the nod over Marvel most of the time. X-men movies not included.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

What is the DC movie universe? Batman and Superman? Green Lantern was not serious or mature. Or good.

You can't really compare DC and Marvel movies at this point because DC is just now trying to do what Marvel has done in the last 7 years. After Wonder Woman and Aquaman and Justice League come out, then you can more accurately compare the two movie universes.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

DC and Snyder have set the tone though. We know what kinds of films they're making. No laughing and overcast.

9. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm talking the recent supermans and batmans. It's obvious that DC is taking a more mature path, at least at this point. It's the smart thing to do. Not copy Marvel but offer a different look at comic/movie presentation.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Anyone have any extra printable passes to the screening tonight?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have three reserved seats for Thursday at 7:45 if the Rockets lose tomorrow...

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just watched it through...certain interwebz means. Cough cough.

Anyone feel that they were trying just a little too hard with the humor? Instance like when Cap says "...what was that? You didn't finish!" or Hawkeye pointing his bow at Quicksilver after QS races away: "no one would now...little b*stard."

I mean, there were some laughs, but on the whole, I felt like the humor in the script was written by a high schooler. As if Whedon needed to consult with kids as to what's funny, these days.

Not really sure how this movie sets up anything close to Civil War, which is the next movie in this universe, after Ant-Man. There was definite tension in the movie between CA and Stark, but at the end, they seemed to have left on solid footing. Also, if Stark and Hawkeye both 'retired' from the team, why would Tony care about the upcoming superhero law in Civil War? He wouldn't have a dog in the fight, so to speak.

I think Hawkeye could have died if they could promote the story somehow. Maybe the quibbles and quarrels between Stark and CA could have cost Hawkeye his life, instead of Quicksilver being killed FOR NO REASON. This was probably my biggest complaint.

Coulson being killed in the first Avengers allowed Fury to rally the Avengers together. QS being killed allowed us to...do what? Say "yay, Hawkeye, my most favorite Avenger, didn't die?" I just don't get it.

This movie, imo, was significantly worse than the first one.

GotG
    Winter Soldier
    Avengers 1

Still my top 3.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

watched the bootleg...and will most likely watch it opening weekend
    quite disappointed...really bad writing I thought, and a bit too much comedy/romance for an action film.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What was the resolution? Potato

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Obviously cams don't capture the reality of being in a movie theatre, regardless of IMAX or regular.

But I think the bootlegs you can find online are solid enough. The one I watched was audio 8/10 and video 8/10.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't know if they explained it in the movie, I sort of forgot since I saw it last week... then again, it showed how plain the movie was that I already forgot the details a week later.
    Did they explain the hulk buster? I felt like they didn't explain it at all and suddenly Stark was like "ok time to bring in the [whatever protocol]..." I think they named it after a girl. Then BOOM, Ironman vs Hulk. And then the fight ended just as quickly as it started, one punch knocked Hulk out. Random.

Then again, they really left schitteloads of holes in the movie. Too many random, unexplained scenes.

If the first Avengers was The Dark Knight, then this one was Batman Forever.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Batman Forever sucked (not as bad as Batman and Robin, but approaching it), are you saying this movie sucks?

Also Whedon said the original cut of the movie was like 3 hours, there will be a lot of deleted scenes on the blu-ray. Including an "extended" version and an alternate ending. I'm guessing that will fill in a lot of the holes you mentioned.

18. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

They mentioned the Hulk-buster intermittently early in the film, I think Banner actually says he designed it?

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Movie wasn't bad. I'd say an 8/10 if Avengers 1 was 9/10 to 9.5/10. It was good as an overall movie, but it'll be compared to the first one which felt more organic and not as forced. Loki was also a much better villain than Ultron.

Like others have mentioned, a lot of humor felt forced. Some was good, some was groan-worthy. Not even the bad, cheesy funny like in Fast and Furious, just groan-worthy.

Action was on point, of course. Good settings and sequences and enough fan service for each character to show off. Maybe the movie caved under too much studio pressure, but the movie focused on one character too much (semi-spoiler)
    Hawkeye.
    Big spoiler
    It was almost as if they were setting him up to die, only for Kickass to take the bullet for him instead. Also, pretty lulzy how Captain America says "if you die, walk it off" and the person who dies is the runner.

Plot Thoughts
    I wonder how this sets up the future of the Avengers. Iron Man retires, Thor phoned home, Hulk disappears, Hawkeye looks to retire as well. Only Cap and Widow are the returning alumni with War Machine, Falcon, and Scarlet Witch for newbies.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I just bought tickets for tomorrow night. Yay.