1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/24/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still if you cannot beat them, you are probably not fit for going to the Finals.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I love when posters get blasted for the crap they say in the game threads. There's some pretty pathetic things said whenever we're down.

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

Still won after Dirk and Monta dropped 68 points on us. That's impressive.

I always knew Harden would make a statement game sooner than later. Hope he continues this for the rest of playoffs. Bring out the brooms boys!

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I tried to do that by making a thread on it.

more people need to be held accountable.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Get the hell outta here w this bullsh!t. Talk about looking like an a$$

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Pathetic is the only word to describe it. I wonder if they're so mentally weak and panicky in real life? I certainly hope not.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

at 7:05 I would have thought the same thing but it was only the 2nd quarter sooooooooooooooooooo :cool:

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Recap of last night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Exactly. It's one thing if they actually lost the game, but to say not only we're going to lose, but we're going to lose game 4 also? Wow.

All of us have been watching the NBA for several years- and some of us for a very long time. You know that phrase "I've seen it all?" Well, yes, many of us have. There is literally no scenario that we haven't- bad teams beating good teams, good teams doing what they are supposed to do, etc. That's why you keep things in perspective.

Oh, but there is one scenario I haven't seen in the NBA- a team coming back from 3-0. And there are teams I believed could have done this in the past- but not the 2014-2015 Mavericks. THAT team is not coming back, period. The Rockets going to the 2nd round is as sure a bet as you can make.

1 person likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We all are understandably euphoric, however we must not overlook the fact that Monta got an open look at the last shot. If he made that we would have been sent to OT, and given the momentum to the Mavs.

The players have gone through the pain of the last 0.9 seconds against Portland, and we all have been very hurt too. Exhaustion and confusion about each other's role in these critical situations is unacceptable. Our best defenders need to execute down the stretch. The responsibility lies on our players and the coaching staff as well.

I hope we will overcome our problems, and keep on winning.

Go Houston Rockets!

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

We've been through so much with this team, just nice to have some things go our away for once. Cant lose focus now CF, ONE MORE WIN. Let's take care of business tomorrow. I want to keep on watching Rockets basketball for another month or so. :)

12. tmacfor35

Open shot? Yes he was open, but he was also fading back and to his left as Smith attempted to contest.

Wasn't like a set shot that an NBA'er player would make 99% of the time.

Good defense.

Last night I saw a tale of two halves.

In the second half, Houston stopped letting Dallas get in transition as much and started to let their guards shoot.

Well we ended up winning the half by double digits.

Rinse and repeat for game 4 please.

Rockets really need to stop shooting long jumpers of the key with 20 seconds left in the shot clock. The rebounds were starting Dallas's fast break.

I am looking at you Prigioni/Ariza

13. Airdough

Airdough Member

It's nice to share thoughts on the game in real time but sometimes it's just best not to post when you're angry. The defense was astrocious last night and if the score was reversed then the Fire McHale thread with constant wailing and gnashing of teeth would be in force.

Still surprised it took until Game 3 for Carlisle to finally punt on playing defense, play small ball and utilize what made the Mavs so good early in the season. It makes me wonder if the only reason Rondo played was because of Cuban. For a team that's supposed to be as advanced analytically as the Rockets, they sure make some questionable decisions.

14. tmacfor35

For the playoffs the Rockets are averaging 23 THREES per game.

The regular season the Rockets averaged 32 THREES per game.

They need to keep up this pace and attack the rim at will.

15. RCPM

RCPM Member

Yup, you are embarrassing yourself. Nothing new.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I must admit I was astonished and very pleased to see Ariza attacking the basketball with confidence. Making threes will become easier by continuing the assault on the basket.

Go Houston Rockets!

17. tmacfor35

Another cool stat.

The Rockets ASSISTED FG% is at .524 making them Number ONE in the playoffs.

The leaders last year....

San Antonio Spurs/Cleveland Cavaliers

Rockets seemed to have changed their offensive identity. I don't know if this has to do with increased practice time, but they are moving that ball around well and it is putting them in elite categories.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Vegas looking for the K.O. tomorrow, Houston favored by 3.5 in game 4.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I love seeing this too, but I wouldn't get our hopes up too high against the Spurs or Clips. The assisted baskets and points in the paint have more to do with the fact that Dirk sucks on defense and they can't defend the pick and roll. We basically pounded the PnR down their throats and they couldn't do anything about it with Dirk in there.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Playoffs: Top 5 Starters in PER
    Kawhi: 31.6
    Harden: 30.0
    Howard: 29.6
    Rose: 26.5
    B. Lopez: 26.5

Only 1 team has 2 superstars in the top 5 PER. AND...
    Harden also in Playoffs Top 5 for Points and Assists
    Howard also in Playoffs Top 5 for Rebounds and Blocks

Get some!