1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard's Resignation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Apr 22, 2015.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Dwight has been great so far in these playoffs. His ability to defend the basket and to destroy teams on the pick and roll is exactly what the Rockets were hoping for when they brought Dwight to Houston -- but I am not sure if it is what Dwight wanted.

Is it just me, or does he seem very morose and resigned in interviews when he discusses his role? Almost sad -- like a person who realizes their dreams in life are never going to come to fruition, and they have to learn to be satisfied with the reality of their situation.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing Dwight -- if he plays like this for the entire playoffs, I think the Rockets have a chance to make a very special run, and if he plays like this all next season, Dwight will be an NBA 1st teamer and defensive player of the year. This has been, so far, the best of all possible Dwights and the perfect compliment to Harden and the team Morey has built.

But, I am just curious if others have noticed Dwight's seeming somber resignation about this role.

2. Nook

Nook Member

He seems fine to me.

3. Sadboy

Sadboy Member

Nah he's fine, it's the playoff Dwight. No more playing around.

4. cmellon

cmellon Member

He is just completely focused... trying to look cool, say all the right thing. Nothing matters to him other than winning and championship at this stage.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If he keeps putting up 26-28 ppg on 10-15 rebounds and the Rockets win, then he will be happy.

He looked like he was having a ton of fun last night.

6. newAge_Rockets

At this point, he wants a ring above all else. I think he's happy playing PnR as long as we continue to get Ws. After all, it is the BEST play we have.

7. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

He's probably just growing tired of answering the same question 500 times.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What is that, a smile? He must be a child! What is that, no more smiling? He must be cutting himself!

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

people love to make something out of nothing. it's the playoffs, dwights focused as he always is. end of story

10. hoopball

hoopball Member

yeah, I noticed that too but probably he's trying to be more serious and not fool around like he used to.

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

comon man, dude had a whale of a game last night.

12. bmd

bmd Member

Are you talking about interviews during the playoffs?

Because playoff time isn't joking around time for Dwight. He gets more serious.

13. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Dwight said a while back he had accepted his role with the team and knows Harden is running the show ("ultimate sacrifice" IIRC). I just think he's much more serious after this injury plagued regular season. If anything he looked madder after game 1 because of the lack of playing time/fouls. No way he's upset after having alley-oop practice with a lifelong friend.

14. HamJam

I am yeah, and that could just be it. Hopefully so.

I just want Dwight to be happy with this role so he will not try to deviate out of it -- because he is freaking awesome in this role.

15. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

What an odd thread at such an odd time.

16. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

People here love to criticize D12. Earlier in the season they criticized him for having too much fun, not to mention multiple assertions that he was faking injury, hiding from law enforcement, and other ridiculous claims. People wanted to actually cut him.

Now, he is too serious? Get real folks. The man is focused, focused on winning just as he should be.

Enjoy this journey because it doesn't happen often.

17. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

This thread ****ing sucks.

18. HamJam

I specifically said I was not criticizing him, just asking if others had noticed a sense of resignation from him.

As I said elsewhere, I am just hoping Dwight is happy in this role so he will continue to embrace it as he has thus far in the playoffs -- to such fantastic success.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're ruining the mojo sir.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Pathetic thread