1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/21/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Yes...

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gDZ-Tbu9dXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DreamEarlNolan

It's amazing what we've come to expect from Harden. The guy scores 24 points , grabs 5 rebounds, has six assist, and is a +9 and people feel like he didn't show up. Wow.

3. hoopball

hoopball Member

I love his ball distributing skills, but you cannot give excuses for his poor shooting in the playoff games... there is a pattern here, which is very disturbing... If you watched 3rd quarter, the shots that Harden missed were not even heavily contested... If he can not drain those jump shots, than Houston is in big trouble... I'm a huge supporter of Harden, but c'mon...

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Golden state may have the best back court duo, but if josh keep playing like this, which I think is not hard for him just need positive reinforcement, we have ourselves threat front court by FAR. Best front court + best one on one player v best back court. I like our chances.

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

RE: Harden.

The man is doing his job. Dallas is smothering the Harden option on the pick and roll - Dirk just admitted this on his post game interview. The play therefore is to get it to the 4 immediately who is almost always in open space and then trust the 4 to make the play. Early in the game, the Rockets were missing lay-ups so it didn't seem to be working.

But in the 4th, it all started clicking.

To those ragging on Harden - do your job and actually look into the context of the game instead of spouting nonsense.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Mavericks fans have resigned this series. "Games 3 and 4 seem like a formality than an actual game"

LOLOL

Houston must go for the kill next game!!

Then eat their souls in Game 4!

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I remember quite a few times during the season when the Rockets were rolling in the 4th quarter, Harden would come in and play hero ball, waste 22 seconds, and throw up a tough shot. The other team would get back in it and we would all complain.

Tonight... Harden came in and recognized the situation. He knew Josh Smith was going off and he gave the ball to him.

I couldn't be happier that he did that.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Thanks McFail.

Also anyone else notice Carlisles minor jab at Cuban. Something like we have to play, coach and own better as an org?

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Pretty r****ded when you really think about it, but I am a little concerned about his outside shot. Then again he habitually had Bare hanging on him, grabbing him, falling into him and away from him (of course w/o fouling him at all) so I do give him a little bit of a pass, but would like to see the outside and step back jumper look a little better to feel solid moving past the Mavs

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

People that are criticizing Harden right now..

Do you guys understand that the only reason we are even playing Dallas right now and have homecourt for the first two rounds, at the minimum, is because of James freaking Harden. How easy do you guys forget?!

Dallas is throwing everything at Harden. It's plain to see. He isn't playing well but he is doing enough to make this team go and, most importantly, win. That's what I want from him. "Big games" are extra.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Someone posted my Dork Elvis gif at the Mavs forum :D

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

+1. It's unbelievable that Harden gets criticized after tonight's effort. He takes what Carlisle gives him and doesn't force the issue. His stat line isn't even that bad. Most players would kill for his stat line.

He isn't going to shoot 50% every night. He had games just like this in the regular season and we won most of those games too. Since he's a well rounded player he ends up with a good stat line on bad shooting nights.

14. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

The shooting wasn't the problem this game, it was poor shot-selection (step-back jumpers) which were the result of a) poor decision-making and b) Harden having to take the bail out shot when we were slow to get into our sets. That said, I find it amazing that Harden can drop 20+, 11 dimes, etc. and that be considered a "bad game". I think people are taking him for granted. Also, people really don't understand that Carlisle's plan is to limit Harden and have the other players beat them... which they are.

I gotta say, going into the 4th this could have gone either way. VERY excited that the Rockets took care of their home court. Takes a lot of pressure off me as a fan, lol. Series isn't over by any means but so far we did what we needed to do and now the pressure is on Dallas to do the same.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Look, as Rockets fans, there's one thing we should ALL know by now... Don't start assuming the next round after getting a 2-0 lead.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Must keep this rolling. Ariza and TJ was off this game too.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah, I'll start celebrating after 3-0.
    That's pretty much 4-0.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The shots he's missing are not even heavily guarded. They are shots he's nailed all year. Remember he was " The Step Back King" in the regular season. And I'm sorry but I'm no longer buying this he's tired he carried us in the regular season crap. I never saw Lebron put up these horrific shooting #s when he carries the Cabs, I don't see Paul, or KD putting them up. There is a serious problem with his shot in the playoffs. If he can't fix it then we will never be a contender.

19. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

I didnt see Terry in the late third or fourth quarter tonight. Is he healthy for friday?

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

He didn't have 11 dimes tonight (that was game 1) but he easily could have. His teammates threw up a lot of bricks on wide open shots he set up. I just don't understand how anyone can watch that game and hate on Harden for basically taking what Dallas gave him and keeping the Rockets in control, along with Dwight, while everyone else struggled. His teammates stepped up big in the 2nd half to the point that he didn't even play any meaningful minutes in the 4th.