1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFTOS: Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZNB, Apr 16, 2015.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

aminu lock harden?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Its getting harder and harder to find a thread that isn't these days.

1 person likes this.
  3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

What does OFTOS stand for

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Conan know what best in life.

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I've been around Dallas fans too much over the past few years, so much that I have to hear about the 2011 championship b****ing, watching Lillard hit that shot with nothing but Mavs fans in the room, and let's throw in the Texans loss to the Cowboys last year. I just don't want us to be cocky about where we're at, and how much I don't want to believe in a curse that Dallas is superior to Houston (in sports).

In honesty, I really want revenge for the Parsons debacle, but the pessimist in me is trying to keep me safe from further heart break.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

We should all get a #RFFL thing going on through social media and on clutchfans. Troll them with their own thing.

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Why are you pessimistic? This Rockets squad is good enough to win it all...legitimately. Only way the Rockets could lose is by shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly..........

And...that's not going to happen this time around. It was just a year ago that Harden/Howard felt that Lillard dagger to complete the upset.

Rockets will take care of business.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Thats all...

1 person likes this.
  9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Mavs Fan Living in Houston probably peers out his window from an overpriced apartment complex on Bagby and West Gray, worrying that if he strays more than a block east of Milam he's going to get asked for money by a homeless man.

Ahhh! Minorities...

I can generally tell discerning Mavs fans from mindless bandwagoners by dropping the name Chris Gatling. If they don't know who the best player on their team for a couple years was, then they have no self respect. It wasn't that long ago, after all. Jim Jackson. Derek Harper. These are prominent members of Mavs history. Damn shame that they've apparently fallen by the wayside.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

good luck scoring on ariza parsons. and dwight will be in the paint waiting for you. dont forget about brewer. and harden plays defense too. cant make his own shot, yikes
    [​IMG]

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So based on the quotes I'm guessing Swyyyguy has made his transition from Rockets fan to Mavericks fan complete?

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I get the feeling that the refs will actually call fouls in favor of Harden when he draws contact in these playoffs. The media narrative seems to drive officiating and the media now grudgingly admits that Harden is a true superstar, MVP candidate and that his ability to draw genuine fouls on his way to the rim is a skill every team wishes its players possessed.

But even if they don't, this is a different Beard from previous seasons. He will impact the game positively offensively whether or not he is getting calls or hitting shots. He won't shrink from adversity. So if his shot isn't falling or the refs swallow their whistles he will just mess around and get a triple double while getting Ariza and Terry open threes and tossing lobs to Dwight.

It's over, Dallas. Don't even bother getting on I-45 south.

13. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Don't be dumb. We're simply a gameplan and/or Harden not getting the calls to be cooked.

McHales stupidity and the refs not blowing the whistle is why we won't win a ring. This is not a good matchup for us. Carlisle will exploit Houston, I still feel we'll win though.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Quotes From The Other Side.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hmmm...

1 person likes this.
  16. dream2franchise

I'm not going to assume we beat them down. We should win in six or seven.

Our three point shots falling aren't a given, we really need to focus on D and hope that playoff Rondo is a thing of the past.

I have faith in Ariza neutralising Parsons, ditto for Dwight and Chandler. We need to make sure we zero in on Dirk. A playoff series will give Carlilse the time and opportunity to look at our D and put Dirk in a position to succeed and Dirk has shown he can come through, regardless of how much he's fallen off this season.

Brewer needs to be on Monta. That is all. Nick Johnson needs to see minutes as well, but I imagine it will be all Jet.

Don't underestimate Cuban's ability to manipulate the officiating. He did it to Yao, and he'll try as hell to do it to Harden.

This is a rich opportunity, here's hoping we can wear them down with what's left of our depth.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I really don't care what they say. It'll be a hard fought series, and a win would just make Dallas fans look worse than they already are. Get it done.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

My favorite! Hoping that would pop up.

19. Ashes

Ashes Member

Lol. I mean, I guess.

20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

So a division title doesn't mean much ? Ponies fans are so so two faced.

This team deserved and won the division. Yes that counts for something.

Will watch the flattening in person. Taking dad and that will be a wonderful thing for the former excellent hoops man. Saturday night: Rockets 108-Ponies 97.