1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Division Champs Gear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tochiee22, Apr 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Agree. All I wear is Nike

2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

So I called Academy sports and they said they would be getting them in this afternoon if not then
    Sometime in the morning tomorrow. They're waiting on them to come in. This is the Kirby location.
    Maybe differs from other stores. Rocket ship was closed so I couldn't find out if they have them.

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

The Dallas board is roasting us for wanting division championship gear lol. I dont blame them, it is a little pathetic.

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

winning the best division that has ever existed in the history of the nba is not pathetic.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Once Rockets clown then 4 straight times they'll get it.

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I feel you, i am proud of us winning the hardest division with all the injuries we've had. Something about celebrating winning a division like you just won a championship just seems a little off. Im sure most of us would be calling Dallas fans pathetic if they celebrated like that had they won the division. Im not trying to be a downer or anything, just saying.

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

It just shows that the fan base doesn't have true championship expectations if they celebrate so hard after winning a division.

8. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Lmao the same people saying they wont buy are the same people riding that rockets D The hardest its sad

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Every team in this division is in the playoffs. Haven't won it since 93-94.. I think we are allowed to cheer for that.

10. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

not too different than celebrating MVP or DPOY or anything else that's a regular season award.

50 years from now i'd proudly rock a rockets 2015 division champs shirt and tell all the kids about how they dont know jack about basketball.

"Back in my day, the rockets played in a division with 4 other playoff teams, everyone had winning records, and our division had a better win loss percentage than the top 5 teams in the eastern conference"

:p

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

2-1 .

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Calling stores? Academy Sports? Division Title shirts? It's like retro day .

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

The two aren't mutually exclusive. It's not like we can't cheer for being 2 seed or winning a division because it's somehow pathetic.

14. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Someone post that Dallas kids crying please

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't know why you got a little grief for this thread. I've been waiting a hell of a long time for another division banner to hang from the rafters. You can bet that I'll be buying some division gear. Good idea, OP!

1 person likes this.
  16. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

You guys are embarrassing

1 person likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We're seriously going to argue about picking up a cap and a t-shirt? Yes, you guys are embarrassing.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

It's nothing wrong with wearing a division champ shirt. Its supporting your team. Embarrassing is grown people painting their faces and wearing costumes to the game.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, that's beyond cool, in my humble opinion.

20. rawool

rawool Member

I'm not going to downplay the accomplishment of winning an extremely tough division. The gear, I have to admit, is somewhat silly, especially since we've won championships in the past. Regardless, if the fans want to have gear, let them have it. Any non-Rockets fans making fun, really are just looking for more reasons to hate.