1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a fan, this was an epic night for me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by <3myrockets, Apr 16, 2015.

1. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

I'll preface by saying I started following the Rockets borderline religiously circa 2003. Since joining Clutchfans, I've learned a ton about the ins and outs of running an organization like this, stat analysis and just being around people who enjoy watching my favorite team in any sport.

I've been to the Toyota Center plenty of times for games or draft night etc., but I never really got to get anywhere close to players or anyone in the organization (closest I got was Scott Padgett autographing my ticket stub on his way out from the garage.

Tonight was different though. I took advantage of the offer Clutch put up for the game against the Jazz tonight and was accompanied by some of my closest friends:
    [​IMG]
    That's me on the right. We sat top row in the lower bowl section 126

Later we moved to the other side of the court for Dwight's charity talk. I was totally caught off guard when I looked behind me and there's Calvin doing the post game analysis. I was like a kid in a candy store to be so close to a legend and instantly became "that guy lurking in the back" lol.
    [​IMG]

It was really cool to see Dwight talk about his Breathe Again charity. I've never had the opportunity to really see how players are off the court. Happy to see what he's trying to do to make a difference here in Houston. He gave my friend's son a high five and shook my hand.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8nxWEUbh97A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finally we paid tribute *cue Hunger Games theme* to the Dream to top off the night.
    [​IMG]

All this happened where we blew out the Jazz, got our young guys a lot more playing time, Harden got his fourth triple double and we secured the #2 seed. It doesn't take much for me to get pumped up about this team but everything tonight brought it to a new level.

Now let's crush the Mavs. Go Rockets!

6 people like this.
  2. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Cool story bro!

3. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

So YOU'RE the person that kept looking at the camera during the post-game show!

Pretty neat cause I noticed you looking while watching it.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Oh glorious day! Your story reminds me just how elated I get when the Rockets do anything remotely positive. I'm so glad fans like you were in the Yota to experience the bliss! Triple double, knowing the Spurs lost, Cappella hitting a FT… all great things!

I can't wait for Saturday!!!

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I agree, last night was something special at TC. Two of my friends had to leave early, and gave me passes to go to Dwight Breathe Again post game talk. In addition, sitting in the TC after the game ended to see the Pelicans beat Spurs for our SW title. The 50% jerseys, meeting Rowdies after game, and the positive energy going into the post season.

Amazing night for sure.

6. <3myrockets

Haha honestly I kept thinking that the turn out wouldn't be as good as it was despite it being the last game of an awesome season. I thought being a Wednesday night would deter a lot more people.

The energy last night was the best I've seen in all the games I've been to so far. I hope Houston keeps that up throughout the playoffs and feed it into our squad. They really elevate their game when we're actively participating.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

LOL i noticed you too during the post game, my wife was like "What are those people doing??"

Hey we noticed your little one, mine is about that age but were scared to death of taking her to a game in fear that she won't want to sit there the entire time. She's 15 months, how did yours do?

8. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Fun story... Good times!

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

same here.

Plus I remember that cute baby. lol

10. bongman

bongman Member

I am jealous. Pacquiao is part of your crew.

11. tenguin

tenguin Member

One of my best experiences at Toyota center last night. Don't get to go to games often so my wife got me these for my birthday. Glad it was a blowout bc we haven't seen one all year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Last night was the loudest and most active I've seen the crowd this year. Random timing but good job.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Post game? Anyone saw me? Black guy, with "The Beard" shirt on, wearing the fake Harden Beard? haha.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

seen Cisco's post youre screaming SOUTHWEST DIVISION!
    Good stuff my guy

15. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Where did u buy the black Champion shirt at?

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lmfao, yep that's me.

17. <3myrockets

Didn't buy it my friend. Original from that year...unfortunately the '95 one got faded so I went with that one last night.

18. <3myrockets

Yea the energy was amazing last night and something I wasn't used to. My voice was pretty hoarse by the end of the night haha