1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ SIMPLE FIX ] There's a simple fix to end all the hacking!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BamBam, Apr 11, 2015.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

_______"Intentional Fouling"________

[​IMG]

This is a real interesting article that was written over a year ago that simplifies what's wrong with intentional fouling and how to fix it! The reason I posted this as a thread and not a single post on another thread is that I want ALL my brehs here on Clutchfans to know that there is a simple solution for this problem! Why hasn't the NBA closed the loophole? Plain and simple, INCOMPOTENCE at the highest level of the NBA! This tactic is ruining the integrity of the game by promoting that intentionally fouling your opponent is good sound basketball! It TOTALLY destroys the flow of the game and makes it feel like your watching "Groundhog Day" on steroids! This tactic really makes it hard to watch and appreciate the beauty of the game!...:eek:

The rest of the article....http://www.sbnation.com/2013/12/4/5174012/nba-intentional-fouls-hack-dwight-howard-andre-drummond-hook

Lock if already posted ... :eek:

1 person likes this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Here's how to counteract it this season. Let's just go full r****d with this crap...

When possession changes and Rockets are on offense, the player being hacked needs to haul ass behind the basketball goal and let the defender chase after him. At worst you'll have a 4 on 4 but as we saw a few times yesterday when the "hack" was on, the Spurs defenders weren't prepared to pay defense and the Rockets got a wide open 3 from Ariza when the hack took too long to happen.

This will help more to get this rule changed in the off-season as this crap becomes even more of joke to the game of basketball.

Unless there is rule that a player can't run out of bounds like that?

1 person likes this.
  3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I think its a technical to run out of bounds. One way to counter it is to have dorsey flop on every hit!

4. BamBam

Dang, that would be hilarious! Take it a step further and have all FIVE players flop to the ground!...:grin:

5. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Easier still? Make the ******* free throws.

6. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Are we so pathetic that we need to change the entire game so that our millions paid players can have an excuse for not making free throws?

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yes, Daryl Morey has assembled a team of some of the most pathetic free throw shooters in NBA history and they will not get any better.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The argument about Morey putting together a team of terrible free throw shooters is valid. But we have to separate some ideas here.

Posts like yours are not a valid defense of the hack. "Change the entire game," is just an irrational emotional appeal.

When basketball was first conceived, I highly doubt that anachronistic ideas like "the bonus" and "hack-a-Shaq" were considered integral.

If a player can't shoot free throws, that will be to their disadvantage when the other team fouls them to avoid a layup, dunk or shot within normal game flow. That makes sense within the spirit of the game.

Taken to this extreme though: a player is being fouled when they have absolutely no part in the play developing on the floor, so that one team can gain an advantage that is purely external and not relevant to the actions being taken by the offensive team. It removes the ability of the offensive team to dictate what happens with their possession.

Does that seem right? Remove Daryl Morey, Joey Dorsey, Josh Smith and coach Popovich from your mind. We're talking about the purity of a sport.

By removing that perversion, we are not treading on some sacred ground.

Joey Dorsey and thousands of other NBA players over time will never be 60% free throw shooters. It's insane to assume that all players can shoot 75%+ if they "work harder".

It is very sane to ask a league that has instituted arbitrary rules and interpretations of rules to amend them, as has been done dozens of times in the past.

I could go on. What a fallacy. Things don't need to continue to be simply because they are. If we remove/amend this in the rule book, teams like the Spurs will still be great and will need to find other loopholes to exploit.

3 people like this.
  9. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Roflmao run to the red rowdies

10. BamBam

Kudos Napalm! You articulately wrote exactly how I and many others see it. It truly does destroy the purity of the game!

11. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

we should of hacked Tim Duncan or another one of their bigs and let the game go on for HOURS!!! that would make the nab do something. imagine this crap on national television lol freaking 4-5 hour games on ABC yeah that would stop it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ controls everything!!

12. bmd

bmd Member

This is a very good idea, actually.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Harden's half court shot should have counted. You have to actually foul the player, not just touch them. You can't have double standards like that. Touching someone in the backcourt should always be a foul or never be a foul.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wonder why no team did that, giving the other team the same medicine, so to speak. So the whole game consists of watching the two worst FT shooters dueling.

The fans would boo. The media would faint. And it would be who-blink-first battle of the will. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

My easy solution is if the foul is off-ball and the team is in the bonus, the fouled team gets to choose the shooter. No more hacking strategies ever.

Alternatively, player that has the ball in their hands at the time of the foul gets to shoot. I am ok with that.

I don't like the idea of giving teams an option to inbound instead because i do still like the idea of late game fouling to give a team a chance.

Being allowed to foul any player and forcing that player to take the shot is stupid. Its supposed to be a penalty for the team that fouled, yet in this situation its an advantage for them.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Could you imagine if it was a Sunday game on abc and we intinially fouled out every player on our team(we'd have to forfeit) so we could hack like 80 times.

The nba would be real quick about changing rules if we made people watch hacking for 2 straight hours

1 person likes this.
  17. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Im telling you that would stop this crap ASAP possibly as soon as the playoffs. thats why baseball is horrible to watch. this is America we want FAST and EXCITING everything. who would watch two teams that shoot free throws every time you inbound the ball. :rolleyes:

18. LpBryan03

LpBryan03 Member

Actually

Once youre down to 5 remaining players, its impossible to foul out beyond that point.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The absolute easiest solution is to use the same rules they use for under two minutes - one shot and the ball - for away from the ball penalties.

I expect the NBA to do something about it sooner than later - it sucks the energy out of a game, and I would bet they lose a lot of casual viewers each time it happens.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

there should never be an incentive to foul

the NBA will make a rule change next season for sure